Sunday, August 9, 2026

Thankful Sunday

 I am thankful to live in the US.

The scouts getting ready for the flag ceremony.

Yesterday, Ward, Wally, Theo, and I ran/walked in a charity race. The race is sponsored by the Rotary Club, and the proceeds go to families with unexpected medical expenses. It is a fun family event that has a real sense of community to it. Before the race started, the Boy Scouts did a flag ceremony during which we said the Pledge of Allegiance, and then we sang the National Anthem. I found them all quite moving, as they reminded me how lucky and thankful I am to live in America. 

Of course, there are problems and disagreements here, but the passion that comes with those is because people care. So, for the privilege of being an American, I am thankful.

6 comments:

  1. Aw, that picture reminds me of my son being in Boy Scouts. I agree with all you have said--despite our problems, I am glad to live in America.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flag ceremony was certainly nostalgic for Wally and Theo.

      Delete
  2. I love how you and your adult sons participate as a family in these activities, June.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were the ones who did it first and invited us to join them. And I am happy that they want to spend time with us.

      Delete
  3. That sounds like an awesome charity. It's great that all of you did the race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last year, I was almost last as my husband didn't want to do any more than amble. I was determined to not let that happen again, so this year, we split up. I started nearer to the front and ran part of it. And you wouldn't you know it, my husband decided to run the whole way. But except for a few, no one is out to set any records. They are just there to have fun for a good cause.

      Delete

What do you think?