Monday, January 22, 2024

Snowflakes

 

Recent snow in my neighborhood.

With snow covering most of the country, I think it's time again to share a poem Theo wrote when was a young boy. It's simple but describes fresh snowfall well. At least, I think so. (Of course, as his mother, I'm not biased. 😀)

Snowflakes

Snowflakes falling from the sky,
Landing softly on the ground,
Often times I wonder why,
They never ever make a sound.

Landing softly on the ground,
Snowflakes white and glistening,
Nothing ever to be found,
For someone who is listening.


14 comments:

  1. Theo had a great grasp of language and rhythm. You have every reason to be proud. Does he still write poetry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so. He wrote some poetry in high school with a lot of teen angst that I thought was good, too. I wish he would write more (or something) because he's always been good with words. But he's got other things to focus on these days, I guess.

      Delete
  2. Theo captured it perfectly! I love it! 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, I'll have to get him to write one for ice which is a little different than snow as you have seen recently.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful poem to go with the photo, which is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow is so pretty, especially if you don't have to go out in it. :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely poem! Lovely picture, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I'm an adult and my poems don't sound like that when I try to write them. They sound more like a bad nursery rhyme. :)

      Delete

What do you think?