Sunday, January 29, 2023

Nothing to Say :)

 

Source?
My life is just going along with the ups and downs of everyday life, and I am enjoying every minute of this relatively routine, calm time.

Well, I'm not really enjoying every minute of it because it's not my nature to go without complaining for any extended period of time. Complaint of the minute. My eyes cause me a lot of problems with constant itching and burning. I have worked on this problem for years with various doctors with measured success. Besides the annoyance of it all, it affects my vision, and sometimes it's better than others. This makes it hard to get a prescription for glasses because what I can see one day clearly may be blurry the next. Nevertheless, I have new glasses, and I can see better. Yay! Now I just need to get past the breaking-in period. They're still giving me a bit of a headache, but past experience has shown me that this will pass. Enough complaining for now. That is what I've tried to learn to do over the years - not spend too long in a negative mood. Mixed results on that one, too. But practice makes progress.

We have yet to have any accumulation of snow this Winter. February is our big snow month, but we usually have at least a few snows before now. In place of the really cold weather, we've been having a lot of dreary, rainy weather with temps in the 30s and 40s. Not conducive to much outdoor activity (at least for me), so I've been spending most of my time indoors. 

While indoors, I've been working on my Storyworth stories. I have another month or so before they publish the book with the stories in it. I find the editing and formatting of their program limited and slow to work with. Also, I've been spending time trying to find pictures to add to some of the stories searching among scrapbooks and boxes of pictures that extend back to my grandmothers. I have found a few treasures, but it's taking a long time to find some pictures I was sure I had. It's faster to go through pictures on the computer than through old boxes. But I think I will be happy with my effort and the finished product when it's done. 

Me at 5 mo. I didn't remember seeing this picture before.

And back to the topic of winter and snow, my storytime theme this week at the library is Winter. At the end, we're going to pretend it's snowing with bubbles from a bubble machine while a winter song plays. I think it will be a lot of fun. I also put together a scavenger hunt in the library for Lunar New Year that the kids seem to be enjoying. And I would say that I am enjoying my job, too. If only I had more time. It keeps me hopping.

Computer time is up for now. Next on the list is cleaning the litter boxes.

Until next time...


12 comments:

  1. You were so cute!! I have the same trouble with my eyes and have avoided getting my glasses adjusted because of it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Amy. One time, I had my eyes tested three different times to get a better idea of how to make my glasses. In the end, I'm not sure that they turned out any better than other times. But overall, my vision can be corrected pretty well, so I'm thankful for that.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed reading your blog post about having nothing to say! :D I am happy that you are enjoying the calm days and the daily routines, but, sorry to hear about the problem with your eyes. Glad you have new glasses; that's something I need to schedule, too, to have my eyes checked for new glasses.

    Cute picture of you at 5 months; how lovely to have boxes of old photos to sort through! I'm sure your story, once it is published, will be wonderful I'm sure, too, that the Storytime at the library will be much enjoyed, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have organized several big boxes of papers and pictures for my father-in-law. Now I need to do the same here. I'm not sure what's harder - trying to make sense out of stuff where you don't know most of the people or trying or organize things where you do know most of the people. Both have their pluses and drawbacks.

      Delete
  3. You were an adorable baby!
    My life is just not exciting enough to blog daily. I will be interested to see what your think of the final story worth bound book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like I was doing okay as a baby despite the fact that they couldn't find a formula that agreed with me and I cried all of the time. :) I think the bound book will be nice, but the formatting is definitely limited. After my first one that comes with the subscription, I think I may print them myself some how for the few more copies I want because they are expensive. Of course, that's how they make their money. The real value is that the questions got me to write down things in a somewhat organized way.

      Delete
  4. Love the cartoon. It's perfect. And what a cute baby picture!

    I think most of us have not-so-exciting lives, so this post is relatable.

    We had a big dumping of snow Saturday night--7 or 8 inches. It's supposed to be cold this week, so hopefully it stays on the ground for awhile. The snow makes everything brighter, including my mood. :)
    Your storytime theme sounds fun for little ones, even if you don't have snow outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as the roads get cleared, I prefer snow to cold rains. The rains remind me of winters when we lived in the south. We rarely had snow, but it was cold all the same. Will you be doing winter hiking if the snow sticks around?

      Delete
  5. Winter is kind of slow and dreary, without a lot one can do outside. No gardening, no kayaking at the lake or swimming or hiking, unless one likes mud wet hiking. It can be depressing and its a good time to catch on complaints in general. So complain away! I hope your new glasses work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't complain about the weather today because it was 55 and sunny. I was inside at work much of the time, but still enjoyed it when I was out. Everyone else around me was in a better mood, too. The dreary weather will be back tomorrow, but today was great. I hope you get a few breaks in your dreary weather, too.

      Delete
  6. Well June give it some time. The year's only started. I'm sure something exciting will happen. And yeah, I've been hoping for a nice snow day or two. I don't want anything that's been happening in other parts of the country. But a good two or three inches would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not looking for too much excitement, unless, of course, I win the lotto. :)

      Delete

What do you think?