Friday, December 9, 2022

Instead of...

 Or What I'm doing instead of blogging.

I haven't been showing up here so much recently because I've been doing other things. So let's see if I can remember any of them.

1. Celebrated our wedding anniversary with a trip to a B and B. Elegant surroundings with a delicious 3-course breakfast. 

The sitting room with our bedroom at the B&B.
Can you tell we were in the turret of an old Victorian house?

2. Put up Christmas decorations. And why is it that every year, after we put the lights up outside, half of one of the strands decides to go bad? And maybe LED lightbulbs will last forever, but the wires with them don't. Bah humbug!

3. Cooking more often. Cooking has never been my thing, and it takes a real effort to do it consistently. 

4. Writing our Christmas letter and sending it out. 

5. Buying and making gifts.

6. Coordinating Christmas dinner for Ward's extended family.

7. Working and enjoying the regular storytimes I am doing for the under-5 set.

8. Working on my Storyworth stories. You are probably seeing commercials for this everywhere now as a gift you should give. I got one last year. How it works is they send you a question every week for a year that you write about, and after a year, they publish it into a book. A keepsake kind of thing. I haven't written something every week, but I do have 40-some and hope to do a few more. After the year, you have a little time to edit, and then you're done. So my deadline is coming. Anyway, if I have time to do some writing at the computer, Storyworth is getting priority these days.

9. Helping Miss Landers with some projects.

10. Doing year-end tax planning. Fun stuff. :)

My time's up, so that's what you got off the top of my head in no particular order or importance.

Until next time...

6 comments:

  1. Very busy time of year for many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. You certainly have been busy saving cats.

      Delete
  2. The turret room is amazing!

    This definitely is a busy time of year. Now that my son is home from college, it's time to start with my Christmas baking. Due to our wacky schedules, I'm not sure when we will get an opportunity to do cut-out Christmas cookies. That is not my favorite thing to do but the kids love it. Yes, even at their advanced ages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some years we do baking, and some years we don't except a little something to give the neighbors. I have high hopes for doing it this year, but not sure how good my follow through will be. If someone made the dough for me, I might enjoy cutting out and decorating, too. :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you've been busy celebrating and enjoying your days (well, maybe minus the tax stuff!). Your tree looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tax stuff is never fun, but unfortunately, necessary. :(

      Delete

What do you think?