Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Tuesday 4 - Me

 It's time for Tuesday 4. This week is about describing yourself. Join me if you'd like.

Me at 5 years old.

1. How are you unique or different from your friends or family? How typical are you?

This is a hard question. Maybe I should ask an outside observer to get a better perspective, but I can't find anyone. So I give it a go on my own.

I feel like I am very similar to my sisters - detail oriented, good at thinking through plans, like simple things. I am different than my husband's family where most things are examined from an engineering/physics perspective. I, too, am science oriented, but physics is my least favorite and hardest science discipline for me. 

I am different from some of my friends in that I tend to try to find the positive in most situations. I can be annoying in that way sometimes so I've been told. But that is not to say that I don't enjoy a good complaining session at work as much as the next person.

2.  How do you spend your spare time? books, hobbies, visiting, tv etc. I like being outside and observing nature, so I often work in the yard. Except when it's really hot. Then I melt. :) I also read, watch TV, play computer games, and pet cats to relax. In the past, I did knitting and cross-stitching.

3. What was high school like for you? Overall, high school was pretty good for me. When I was a freshman, I tried out for everything I could--student council, cheerleader, class play, etc. And I lost every single one of them. I was not the prettiest, curviest, or richest which were all things that were of great value to 14 year olds. But I came back the next year and tried again and had a few successes. By the time I was a senior, I was student body president, a varsity cheerleader, and valedictorian. When I look back, I'm not sure where I got the courage to overcome all of the rejections.

4. This question has multiple parts:

a. Handbag: designer style or any will do?  My bag has to be not too big and have a good carrying strap. Designer or not, I like to get a well made one and carry it for years until I get embarrassed about how worn it looks.

b. Pajamas or night gown? Pajamas. I've never understood nightgowns in that they always seem to end up in an uncomfortable ball around my waist when I have worn them.

c. Shoes: sturdy or pretty ? Definitely sturdy. I have various issues with my feet, so when I find a pair of shoes that are comfortable for me, I tend to wear them all the time. Until, much like the purse, I get embarrassed about how worn they look.

d.home decor: classic, modern, farm house style, traditional? I don't know what our style is. I'm not sure we have one. But in general, we lean more to the traditional and less to the modern. And uncluttered. That's not to say that we always achieve that, but I generally don't like a cluttered space. Which is one reason my desk is bothering me right now. But not enough to do anything about it. Same goes for my nightstand. :)

e. Movies: feel good, drama, romance, action? We watch very few movies, but I enjoy a feel good comedy more than an intense action movie.


8 comments:

  1. These questions and answers are always fun to read. It lets us get to know our virtual friends a little better. Kudos to you for continually trying when you were in high school. I probably would have given up after the first rejection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I was somewhat motivated by my older sisters who were accomplished in many areas and I wanted to be like them.

      Delete
  2. I feel the same way about nightgowns. So uncomfortable to sleep in. Also, I hate sleeping in sleeping bags. Maybe I turn over more than most in my sleep. They always get tangled up and I feel trapped.

    The first question would definitely be hard to answer. Somehow I'm not surprised that you were class valedictorian and student body president. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a very hard time with sleeping bags, also. They have to be unzipped if I'm going to use them. If it's cold, that's not always the best practice, but that's the way it has to be.

      Delete
  3. You look very cute in that picture! I enjoyed reading your post and finding out more about you. Well done in participating in all that you could in high school! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a very long list of all that I achieved in high school, but I won't bore you with it. My parents would tell me to cut back when I had activities every night, and I would, but somehow the nights would fill up again.

      Delete
  4. Those are incredible high school achievements! I like to find the positive too! That's a great trait you have. I'm with you on nightgowns too, the tied up in a knot around waist thing you said. I remember it, when I had a nightgown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not my nature to be positive. I've had to work hard honing that trait but I think its better for my mental health in the long run.

      Delete

What do you think?