Monday, January 6, 2020

Happy New Year!

It's here! 2020! 

There's been a lot of talk about a new month, new year, new decade for the last few weeks. Actually, there have been disagreements about whether the new decade is really beginning now or will be here next year since there never was a year zero. Whatever the case, I have not yet gotten the hang of writing 2020 as a date.

Also, there has been a lot of talk about New Year's resolutions that people are making such as the more common ones of exercising more and eating less to the less common ones such as solving the Rubik's cube one handed. Some say that you shouldn't make resolutions at all because they always fail. Others say it's bad to make resolutions because it suggests that you aren't good enough just the way you are. Have you noticed that everyone has an opinion these days?

What do I think about New Year's Resolutions? I don't know. I haven't had time to think about them yet. I'm still too busy putting away my Christmas stuff.

Annie has been helping me organize my Christmas things
 before they get put away.

Have you been doing any resolving this first week of January?



10 comments:

  1. Resolutions never worked for me in the past, but so far in 2020, knock on wood, it’s working out. I think that this is the first year of the new decade, because you are still saying “2020” when saying the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck continuing with your resolutions. I think even if they don't last doing something differently than you want to, even if it is only for a little while, can be a good thing. I guess the main point the naysayers have is wanting people to understand that it takes a plan and a lot of practice to make new habits happen.

      Delete
  2. I love the picture of Annie "helping"! Our cat is sad now that the fleecy tree skirt has been put away. We always put our tree in front of our front window, which is by the heat register--so, bonus for him to have a warm, soft place to hang out and also watch all those pesky squirrels outside!

    I don't make resolutions per se. I haven't been as healthy about food and exercise choices as I have been in the past, so I'm going to try to get back on the wagon with that (which, unfortunately, has been delayed by the virus I caught, but oh well).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're feeling better from you virus, Kris.

      Our cats have always liked lying under the tree. I think they feel somewhat protected by the branches above them not to mention the soft skirt. One of our skirts is very soft from all of the cat hair that has collected on it over the years. When you add the heat register and a good show to the situation like your cat has, it must be (have been) heaven for him.

      Delete
  3. I didn't make any resolutions. I forgot. Annie is so busy with the decor helping. How did that go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, she helped me take down some of the ornaments and rearrange the order of how I wanted to put them away. However, she didn't break any, so all was good. Also, she sat in the wreath box for a while so I couldn't put it away and tore into some of the bags we had lights in. In general, made a pest of herself. Which you gotta love if you have a cat. :)

      Delete
  4. When I was younger, I would make New Year Resolutions but nothing every panned out. I just pray every New Year that nothing new medically wise would come up with something always does so I just resign myself to go with the flow. My doctor told me she wanted me to get to 115 to increase my BMI. I told her she was funny. It took me 3 years to get back to 95 lol. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can only do what you can do. However, there is a lot of advice out there for gaining weight healthfully. Good luck.

      Delete
  5. I love that picture of Annie helping with putting away the decorations! It sounds like she really did a good job with helping! Just like my Dancer! Always so helpful!

    As for resolutions - some years, I make goals, not resolutions. Other years (like this year), I continue to make the same resolutions! In any case, I get to have a second New Year, in April, because that's when my cultural new year takes place! January 1 is just the calendar new year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen your pictures. Dancer is a good helper just like Annie. And looks like her, too!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?