Friday, November 8, 2019

Fotor.com update.

Fotor.com update.

Recently, I posted about the photo editor, fotor.com. Well, when I went back to use it this week, some of the features that were free before, were not available without a fotor watermark on the photo or were black when I tried to save them to another spot. All of this means that is not such a good deal (free) after all. I went ahead and signed up for a year's subscription at $3.33/ month. I guess that's not too bad of a cost, especially since it was late at night and I was trying to get a project done. 

Sorry that I steered you wrong. As I use it more, I'll update you on what I think.
________________________________________

I am thank for fotor.com.




When I first started blogging, I used the free photo editor Picasa. It worked great.  Besides basic edits, it made collages and blurred things out. Then Google bought Picasa and retired it. After that, I have been on a long search for a replacement. I had PicMonkey for a while, even bought the advanced version, but it was awkward to use and, in my opinion, wasn't worth the cost. Then the other day I found a free version of fotor.com. It's the standard set up. The program offers you basics and you can pay for more advanced features if you want. I was thrilled because with the free version, I found a way to blur out personal things in a photo so I can post it.

So for the free photo editing app, fotor.com, I am thankful.

I am also thankful for my cousins, some of which I saw at my recent family reunion. However because of fotor, you won't be able to see them very well. Just as I had planned. And for that, I am thankful.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. I find that, with a lot of "free" services, there seems to be a hitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. They just hid the details of how this one worked very well.

      Delete
  2. Too bad you have to now pay for what used to be free, but, that seems to be the way things work, these days! Still, $3.33/month isn't too bad for the service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had to buy a whole year to get that price, but I it's worth a try.

      Delete

What do you think?