I am thankful for friendships.
Recently, I was able to spend time with a friend from Seattle who was in the area visiting her son and his family. We had crepes for brunch and then walked around the charming town where her son lives. Because we live on different coasts, this was a rare and special treat.
Since our meeting, I've been singing a song I learned in scouts.
Make new friends
But keep the old
One is silver and the other's gold.
Now, if I can just get Ward to sing it with me in a round, the experience will be complete. But until then, I am thankful for friendships.
Until next time...

I can sing it in a round with you. I remember it fondly from scouting days.
ReplyDeleteI learned so many songs in scouts that I still sing today. Sometimes when I get together with my sisters, we will sing some rounds we learned way back when.
DeleteThat's wonderful that you were able to visit with your friend.
ReplyDeleteWe didn't see each other for years, but are now making it a priority to visit with each other if we are in the area where the other one lives. It was good to see her and her family.
DeleteIt's always a treat to meet up with long time friends, isn't it? :)
ReplyDeleteYou're right. It is a treat. I always leave these visits wishing we lived closer.
DeleteWhat a kill joy, sing it with her Ward!
ReplyDeleteI'll tell him that you insist he sing it with me. :)
Delete