Time seems to fly by without me getting around to a blog update, so I'm going to make it happen this morning. I think I'll do it mostly in pictures because we all know they're worth 1,000 words. 😀
![]() |
| The deer have enjoyed munching on various things. They really liked this big pot of parsley. |
![]() |
| The crows seem to prefer flowers. These were full of blooms until the crows had a meal. |
![]() |
| I'm hoping this little guy is eating some of the mosquitoes in the yard. |
![]() |
| And speaking of the garden, it's zucchini time. Last night I tried some in the air fryer with a little seasoning and Parmesan cheese. It was delicious. |
![]() |
| We had several days with temperatures of 100°F or more. Finally, we had a storm and rain that broke the heat. Yay! |
Well, that's all the exciting news for today.
Until next time...







By my count, that's 8000 words in pictures! Glad that Ward is safely back and that he enjoyed himself.
ReplyDeleteOh, those darn critters! Speaking of which .... my sweet husband helps out an elderly neighbor by mowing her lawn. My daughter had noticed a groundhog in her yard recently. Well, while hubby was mowing, he found a very large, groundhog-sized hole. Beside it was a bowl of water and potatoes. We're hoping groundhogs like potatoes, and that they keep it out of our garden!
The neighbor feeding the groundhog is too funny. I hope the potatoes work. My friend planted a bunch of hostas at the edge of the woods at the back of her lot, hoping the deer would stop there and eat the hostas that they love. The deer haven't touched them. Instead, they are helping themselves to everything close to the house.
DeleteSo glad Ward had a good time on the cruise, but I'm sorry that you weren't able to go too.
ReplyDeleteUgh on the hungry deer and critters. Your garden fence looks great! It has been a rough garden season for us too. I saw 4 fawns and 3 does in our yard, and they have enjoyed my flowers. We used our dog's old kennel fence around my raised beds, and it seems to keep the deer out, but I saw a ground hog at the top of the 6 foot fence. With the heat, drought and critters, I'm not having much luck with a garden this year, but I'm still hoping for some tomatoes.
Love your bookcases and books. Does Ward make bookcases?
Have a great week.
I didn't realize that groundhogs were climbers. Apparently, they are very good at it. So, they can attack the garden from all angles. :(
DeleteWard didn't make these bookcases. They belonged to his grandmother, and Ward remembers them from his childhood when she had them covered with ribbons and trophies from the birds and collies she raised. After she died, we got them, and they used to be in Theo's room. They are not fine furniture, but they serve the purpose.
Ah yes, planting for critters to eat happens every year here. My local groundhog is the biggest food thief around here.
ReplyDeleteAs far as I can tell, we don't have a local groundhog. But I may have been attributing some of the animal snacking to rabbits or deer when it was groundhogs. I'm not sure now. We certainly had enough of them at our previous house.
DeleteOh, how sad about the flowers and parsley! Darn critters. I think the fence is a very wise idea.
ReplyDeleteWard went off on a cruise and left you behind?? Actually, if you are like me, you enjoy that quiet time on your own.
I encouraged him to go because he always wanted to try one. However, I didn't want to be trapped on a ship feeling sick. I am very prone to motion sickness. You can only imagine what it was like growing up in WV on its crooked roads. :)
DeleteIt was a nice quiet week. While I missed Ward, it was nice not having to coordinate with anyone for the week. But I'm glad he's back.
Glad to hear that Ward enjoyed his cruise. I'm sorry you missed out on the fun, but, being prone to motion sickness, myself, I can understand that you preferred to stay home! I'm sorry the critters have eaten some of your plants, but, hopefully, that wonderful fenced in area that Ward made will help to keep them out. Lovely bookcases and good luck with the decluttering (something I need to do, myself).
ReplyDeleteDecluttering is like dishes or the laundry. It always needs to be done. :(
DeleteI would have much rather stayed home than went on a cruise. I have never been on one, and probably never will!
ReplyDeleteYou certainly do enough travel over land, I don't think you would have much time to work in a cruise. :)
DeleteIt's so nice of you to plant all those delicious plants to be enjoyed by a variety of other than humans. Just kidding. I like to declutter. Frees up space in my mind too seems like.
ReplyDeleteI think you're right about about declutterig things helps clear your mind. It works that way for me.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like your deer and crows do the same thing that my groundhogs do!
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure if you've ever tried it, but the prescription patch (I can't remember the name of the medication) is the only thing that worked for my motion sickness when we went on a cruise. Dramamine wasn't touching it, but the patch was amazing.
The patch helps but they don't recommend it for older adults because of withdrawal problems. I know two people who were sick for a couple of weeks after using a patch on a cruise. Very sick--headache, dizziness, vomiting, blood pressure problems. For a few days, I think I would try the patch again, but not for a whole week or longer.
Delete