Sunday, July 12, 2026

Thankful Sunday

 I am thankful for small surprises.


The previous owner planted various flowers around the yard. However, in many of those places, there is now too much shade for the flowers to bloom. That was the case for these day lilies. For the nine years we have lived here, there has been too much shade from this honeysuckle bush and the adjacent crabapple tree for anything more than some leaves to grow. However, I turned around the other day and was greeted by these bright blooms. It was a surprise that made my morning. And for that I am thankful.

Until next time...

12 comments:

  1. Day Lilies!!! My mom planted them and when I went away, she'd send me the daily count when they bloomed. I can't remember the highest count in one day but it was significant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Counting day lily blooms sounds like something I would do. That was a nice gesture from your mother to keep you feeling in contact with home.

      Delete
  2. Day lilies are so pretty. What a nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! I hope they will continue to bloom for you in the years to come. Or, maybe you might consider relocating them to a sunnier spot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could relocate them, but I have two big beds of the same day lilies, so I don't feel the need to. But this little bright spot away from the others is fun.

      Delete
  4. That would make me smile for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful surprise! I love when plants and flowers just pop up out of nowhere!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?