Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Blog Files, Part 2

Here are more ideas from a folder I used to keep of things I might blog about. I last looked at it a few years ago, but it resurfaced as we were cleaning out our files. I found it curious to see what I might write about. You may or may not be interested, but here is Part 2 of things I saved in case you are. :)

Photo courtesy of the Smithsonian National Zoo

--Notes about our trip to the zoo to see behind the scenes in the primate area. I wrote about it here.

--A list of historic road sign photos and back roads Miss Landers and I took during a trip to West Virginia. I wonder if I could still find those photos and do a post about them.

--Notes about the new neighborhood we moved to during our last move. One was comparing porch sitting in the suburbs and rural West Virginia. This could still be an interesting post.

--A note on the education my parents received. Not sure where I was going to go with that.

--Several paragraphs on my personal life, including my birth, transition to high school, my wedding day, and meeting Ward. I have mentioned many of these in one post or another. Also, were my preferences for color, food, books, and TV shows when I was 7 and then at 50 years old.

Age 7: Any color but red, milkshakes, Box Car Children, Gilligan's Island

Age 50: Green, cottage cheese and fresh tomatoes, Glass Castle, Andy Griffith reruns

This rock ad says something about Brown's Pills.

--Pictures of an old advertisement carved into a rock on the family farm. Unfortunately, I've never found enough information to write a post. However, I am still very curious about it.

-Information about washing clothes during my grandparents' time. This is interesting, and I will write a post about it sometime.

--A chart summarizing my results from measuring vampire electricity around my house. I posted it about it here. That was 10 years ago, so it might be time to repeat the experiment.

This poodle is in the race every year.

--Flyers from the Kinetic Sculpture Race. I have written about it in 2019 and 2016.

--Research on tattoos became this post.

Now I can cross "sort blog folder" off my To Do list. Thanks for sorting with me. :)

Until next time...


9 comments:

  1. I love seeing what you thought would be a good post topic. BTW after your last post on ideas, I did have to find out why bird poop is as it is. And now I know another thing I had lived my entire life not knowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had gone most of my life without knowing the particulars of bird poop, also. :)

      Delete
  2. I, too, enjoy reading about your possible blog topics folder! Especially since some of them did end up being blog posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe a few more will make it into posts. We shall see.

      Delete
  3. You have diverse and eclectic interests. That's why I hang out with you in the virtual world. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Diverse and eclectic", others call it quirky, which is just a step above weird. Nevertheless, I claim them all. :)

      Delete
    2. The nice thing about getting older is that I can more fully embrace my weirdness. :)

      Delete
  4. I too have a list of blog themes that I will someday get to. Every once in a while, I will include one as an opener. Other times I look at the list and the topic has just lost its luster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Some of the topics have lost their luster, or they require more effort than I'm willing to put in at the time. And someday I will update things on my blog. I haven't updated any of the background info and links in years. I'm just happy if I get a post out then and again.

      Delete

What do you think?