Sunday, June 19, 2022

Thankful Sunday, June 19, 2022



I am thankful for Fathers.


I come from a long line of fathers. 

My own father was a dedicated, rough-and-tumble dad who set good examples of hard work and integrity. His father, whom I knew, was quiet with his own set of problems he never quite figured out how to handle. My two maternal grandfathers died before I was born, but one was reported to be mean, and the other was reported to be generous when times were tough but was always on the move.

Even though these men were not perfect, I am thankful for them and those who came before them because they helped make up the mosaic I am today.

Happy Father's Day!

*If that sounds like too many grandfathers, I had one paternal grandfather, two maternal grandfathers, one the birth certificate father, and one the biological father.


6 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for the fathers in my life though I didn't know any of them. My father died when I was 18 months old, my paternal and maternal grandfathers before I was born. I'm thankful my mom shared the memories she had of her father and my dad with us so we could get to know them that way. I'm thankful for my husband being a great dad and thankful my son is a fantastic dad to his son!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad, Betty, that you got to know your father and grandfathers through stories. Even though I knew my father, I'm still learning things about him from stories. And you've gotten to see great living examples of fathers through your husband and son.

      Delete
  2. All our fathers and forefathers. I didn't know either of my grandfathers, they had both died before I was born. I didn't really get to know my father, either, because he died when I was 7. But, I got to know my stepfather. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And your stepfather sounded like he was a fine man. I sometimes think about the courage my forefathers took to venture to this country. Many didn't survive a voyage like that. I don't know if I would have been able to do it. Of course, you know about moving across the world first hand.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a great father figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did a good job, especially considering that his own father had a lot of problems.

      Delete

What do you think?