Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Maine Vacation, Day 1

Actually, at this point, I've already left. This morning, Ward and I flew to Maine for a some much needed R and R. We are visiting with my sister and family as well as meeting with friends and being tourists.

The trip was uneventful but it was painfully obvious as we made our way through the airport that Ward and I are older than Millennials. For example, our jeans didn't have any huge gaping holes and our coffee came from home instead of from Starbucks. We also had paper boarding passes and crossword puzzles. Oh, well. Potato, Potaato

Today we are with my sister and tomorrow we will take off for Bar Harbor. I'm not sure if I will be able to post again for a few days, but I'll try.

Until next time...


Every where I turned at my sister's house, I was greeted by
their bumper crop of butternut squash.
 I think they harvested a total of 85 from a few vines.



I like to visit libraries whenever I travel.
This is a display at the local library of care owls which are based on Finnish folk tradition. 



6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh... I'm sooo jealous of that butternut squash harvest. I've tried over and over to grow that stuff but I never get any. Actually, one year I got one squash that was about 4 inches long. Harrumph! Anyhow, enjoy your holiday, and take solace in the fact that compared to me you & Ward are hip and with it in terms of travel savvy. I haven't been on a plane since 1993!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently this was a good year for many things. I’ve also seen a lot of potatoes, onions, garlic and raspberries. I want to talk to him more about it when I get a chance. I want to get some tips on apple trees, specifically.

      Delete
  2. Oh, good for you! I hope you are having fun! I'm not a huge seafood fan but fresh lobster would be a treat.

    I haven't flown since our honeymoon in 2001 (before 9/11, so really, a lifetime ago) so between all the restrictions for carry-on materials and technology, I'd be right there with you in my "retro" ways. And your coffee was probably better than Starbucks, anyway!

    I hope you enjoy good weather at Bar Harbor. I've been there as well as Acadia National Park ... I've been there, but I haven't really seen it, as it was encased in fog during my visit. Post some pictures so I can see what I missed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful trip, live and learn! It sounds like just what you and Ward needed.

    You know -- if a Millennial's phone dies, they'll be stuck standing at the gate while you and Ward are getting comfortable in your seats, boarding pass in hand. Plus, you'll have something with which to occupy your time and strengthen your minds (crossword puzzle).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maine is one place I've always wanted to visit, but haven't! So, I am hoping you'll take lots and lots of photographs to share with us, when you come back! Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?