Sunday, May 6, 2018

Thankful Sunday, May 6, 2018

I am thankful for the beauty surrounding me.

Spring has presented itself in all of its glory this week in my yard. 
And for that I am thankful.

Two crabapple trees are in full bloom.


Two apple trees are also blooming but they don't have as many blooms as the crabapples.


But the sour cherry tree is filled with blossoms.


The grape hyacinth are dotting the yard here and there.


As are the wildflowers.


This is one of several different kinds of lilacs that are starting to bloom.


The pansies I planted last fall are blooming again.


A wren has starting building its nest here


And a bluebird has started in this box.


On the other side of the yard, an egg shell from a nest that has already been used.


And a daytime moon.



9 comments:

  1. Such pretty spring pictures. I just love the crabapple blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of the blooming trees are so beautiful in the spring. However, I'm hoping the rain today will wipe some of the pollen out of the air that comes with all of the blooms. The pollen is always the downside to this time of year. And as for crabapples, we had a tree in our yard growing up so I am partial to them.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! We had some rain last week so things are finally greening up around here and we are seeing some blossoms. Yesterday was picture-perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have definitely greened up around here with a lush green lawn (except for the weeds.)

      Delete
  3. Lovely! We are beyond blossoming and into fully leafed trees. One of our apple trees had many blossoms but the tree to cross pollinate had none. Another year of no apples I guess.
    We are in the final days of the pollen season. The privet and honeysuckle that grows wild in wooded areas has bloomed and about to fade. Finger crossed and Flonase in my pocket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have two apple trees and neither had many blooms. I guess I shouldn't expect many apples either. Fruit trees are all new to me so I'm learning about these things.

      Delete
  4. Spring time in your garden is lovely! Sorry about the pollen, but the flowers are beautiful! It'll be so exciting to see the bird nests over the next few weeks as eggs are laid and hatched! Thank you for sharing the pictures with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to watch the nests and the subsequent baby birds. I watched quite a few at my old house and hope to get the opportunity to do the same here.

      Delete
  5. I too am thankful for spring and its vibrant new life and color!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?