Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A Second Look--September 18, 2013

Tonight there's a nip in the air and a full moon shining. A perfect evening to sit with Ward and talk. This afternoon the air was warm and the sun was shining.  A perfect day to do a Second Look.


Here are some things I saw this week during a Second Look.


The Gerber Daisy is going to bloom one last time.



This is one of two Blackeyed Susans still in bloom.



The sedum is turning a darker pink.



The milkweed pods are opening.



Coreopsis--Yet another flower that only has a couple left blooming.



This spider is snacking on the grasshopper that it caught in its web.



I added some pansies to my front flower beds.




By the light of the silvery moon...



6 comments:

  1. I haven't seen Milkweed Pods since I was a teen. What a nice memory your photo brought back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bev,
      Glad that the milkweed picture brought back some memories. Our milkweed grows in the middle of a planned flower bed and is sometimes in the way. However, from its blooms to its seed pods and all of the bugs it hosts along the way, it provides a lot of entertainment.

      Delete
  2. You take the BEST pics! I love when you do the second look posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I like doing the Second Look posts also. There's always something new to see.

      Delete
  3. We have so many milkweed pods around here, unfortunately we don't see many of the monarch butterflies to go with them. Your photo of the spider made me laugh. I have had to save a bee and a dragonfly from webs in the last few weeks. No matter how I try to explain to the little ones that spiders need to eat too they counter with my words on how important the bees are or how much I love dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw two monarch caterpillars this year, but no butterflies. That may have been because the tussock caterpillars voraciously ate almost all of the milkweed. (I think you showed one of those caterpillars in one of your posts.) Maybe next year.

      Delete

What do you think?