Friday, February 24, 2023

At Last


I finally saw the first spring flowers in my yard when I found a snowdrop blooming this week. Other yards have crocus and daffodils already blooming as a result of the mild winter, but none of those are here yet. I think the wait will make me appreciate them that much more.

Besides the snowdrop, I also found a few yellow blossoms emerging on the forsythia. I'm not sure they will survive the next freeze, but they are a nice break among the brown and gray branches for now.


Until next time...


9 comments:

  1. That snowdrop is so pretty and the forsythia is so cheerful! Spring can't be that far behind if the first flowers are starting to bloom. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the snowdrop is appropriately named. The only problem is that we haven't had any snow to speak of this year. I miss it.

      Delete
  2. Our crocuses are popping up. After the winter storm we got earlier this week, we noticed that they were poking through the crusty snow. They are determined to bring us springlike cheer despite the weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing better than crocus popping up through the snow - especially in the middle of an ice and snow storm.

      Delete
  3. I love the yellow bright forsythia blooms that come so early on, to say "hey spring is coming, hold on". The birds out front ride the forsythia branches in the wind like thrill seekers. Let's hope for a bright beautiful spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how you phrased this. Do you write poetry?

      Delete
    2. You do paint quite an image with your words, Strayer.

      Delete
  4. Your snow drop is so pretty! Our daffodils, hyacinth, and forsythia are all blooming. I'm torn between being delighted to see them and worried that we'll have another frost that will ruin them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is definitely a transition time of year, weather-wise. And timing is everything. You've got to be hardy to bloom in the spring.

      Delete

What do you think?