Thursday, April 21, 2022

R is for Red

Here are a few red things I found on a quick look around the house. I was going to go outside to find some more, but it was cold and windy, so I stayed inside where it was warm. Here it goes for R is for Red.

I like to start the day with a smile. However, I'm not a morning person,
so I enlist the help of this one sometimes.


Last fall, I made a collage about coronavirus. This is one of the "viruses" on had on it.


You saw this bedside clock recently. We have one with red numbers because
red light is not very bright but is still readable. I learned this by seeing
Ward do star watching with a flashlight covered in red plastic wrap.


The poinsettias have added new blooms since Christmas.


The males in the family like all kinds of hot sauces, but this is
perhaps their favorite. I find all of them too hot for me.


This is a Sunday School pin I got when I was a little girl. 


The Legend of Mammy Jane by Sibyl Jarvis. This book takes place close to where I grew up in West Virginia, and I have friends who knew the family it was based on. The writing style is unpolished, but the story is compelling. It has been a favorite of many over the years. In fact, my aunt has a tradition of rereading it every July since it came out in 1981,

When you look around, what is the first red thing that your see?



14 comments:

  1. That is a whole lot of interesting red things. Mammy Jane sounds intriguing...

    The poinsettias r red enough to start a bright day :)
    Gd �� morning


    Dropping by from a to z "The Pensive"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The poinsettias are cheerful, but we keep them in the spare bedroom behind a closed door to keep our cats out since poinsettias are poisonous to them. So I don't see them as often as I might otherwise. But they are a nice surprise when I peak into the room.

      Delete
  2. I like your morning helper. Seeing the poinsettias is making me wish for Christmas. Only 8 more months!!!
    Looking around my place, I don't have too many reds. Now that I look around, I don't have much color. It's like 50 Shades of Gray (Not THAT 50 Shades!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your place sounds like monochromatic calm. I never read "50 Shades of Gray" but I certainly heard a lot about it. Did you read it?

      Delete
    2. I tired to read it but it was really bad. You're not missing much.

      Delete
    3. I have a lot of other books on my list before I get to that one.

      Delete
  3. First red thing I saw was a red squeaky toy of Winslow's lol. And that's the only red thing I see in the room I'm typing this from. Love your assortment of red photos! I'll have to check out that book!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I saw on your blog that Winslow has quite the assortment of squeaky toys and red is his favorite. But apparently red looks like brown to a dog. I guess we might say, brown is his favorite color. :)

      Delete
  4. Red stuff that I can see .... well, I have my tea coaster which my daughter made for me several years ago out of plastic needle canvas .... a red throw .... another throw with little bits of red in it .... a red fabric fish that my daughter made that is hanging from our ficus tree (we're a quirky bunch here). I would say that red in my house seems to be synonymous with cozy, comforting items. I used to decorate with more red accents but have leaned into blues/greens in recent years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a lot of red. Red always adds a cheery punch of color-especially if it is a fish hanging in a tree. :)

      Delete
  5. I looked around and the first/only thing I saw red was a jar filled with various shades of red water color pencils.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not an artist at all, but I am intrigued by water color pencils because water colors seem so hard to work with. I'll have to give them a look the next time I'm in Michaels.

      Delete
  6. Oh, those poinsettias are doing really well!

    The first red thing I saw - the crocheted red strawberries decorating the white basket my daughter crocheted. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds pretty. You'll have to post a picture on you blog.

      Delete

What do you think?