Sunday, September 9, 2018

Thankful Sunday--September 9, 2018

I am thankful for a routine day.

Recently things have been intense, so I am happy to have a day to just deal with regular things, i.e. see below.

Another thing for the list. Enjoy the rain.
Today's To Do List

1. Find out what's stinking in the kitchen. For a couple of days now, something has been stinking in there. I have looked in all of the obvious places, but no luck yet. Today needs to have some serious looking into the dark recesses and maybe even some cleaning. Wish me luck. I really hope I accomplish this.

2. Plant my terrarium. Last Christmas, my sons got me a big glass container to make a terrarium. It was a great gift because it was going to be a way to enjoy some house plants without worrying about whether the cats were going to eat them and get sick. As it turns out, most traditional house plants are toxic to cats. Yesterday, I found some plants that I think will work. I am bound and determined to get this project done before Christmas rolls around again.

3. Finish the laundry.

4. Go to work. I have to work one Sunday a month and today's the day.

5. Ponder deep thoughts. When an important person in your life passes away, it's hard not to do this. I'll let you know when I figure everything out.


6 comments:

  1. Here's to routine days! They are even more precious after periods of intensity. I hope you find out what is stinking up the kitchen - if you have any potatoes stored, I'd check that, because a rotting potato gives out a bad smell. A terrarium is a great idea! I have to keep my houseplants on top of bookcases, to keep them out of Dancer's reach! I hope you meant to say one Sunday a month, not a week; otherwise you'd be working every Sunday! LOL! If you can, please send some of that rain my way! The last time it rained here, it was sometime in May! October is the start of our rainy season, but it's anybody's guess as to when it might actually rain! And (((HUGS))) as you ponder those deep thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it should say month instead of week. :) Still working on the smell and it's not potatoes this time, but rotten potatoes are one of the worst smells ever!

      Delete
  2. My bad kitchen smells seem to emanate from the sink. We have a septic tank so therefore we don't have a garbage disposal where you can send something good-smelling through it to make it fresher (orange peels ... ). I dislike mysterious stinky smells.

    Like Bless, our plants are up high! Unlike Bless, we have had a ton of rain the past 2 weeks so I am appreciating sunshine today.

    I SO hear ya about enjoying routine days. While I haven't had to deal with as much as you have, it's been a stressful period of time for me and this past week when the kids went to school and I didn't have to work, it was a breath of fresh air. Something about catching up on chores and having the house to myself is grounding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sink was smelling like it does from time to time, but that wasn't the culprit.

      The rain continues here and soon we will be feeling rain from Florence. This last front brought blustery, colder weather. One day we didn't even get out of the 60's. I think fall may be coming.

      Routine days are good. Now for some routine nights when my mind is too active for sleep. I know it will get better, but it in the meantime, it's hard. I hope things settle down a little for you, also.

      Delete
  3. I too am interested in the terrarium - I had to get rid of all of my houseplants when Smoky the Destroyer came into my life. Although, I think the only way I'll have any success with plants is to find some place they can be other than in a window - Smoky considers all windows his territory, and if something's in his way, it very quickly ends up on the floor!

    Anyhow, I can totally relate to the comfort in routine tasks. Jasper is much improved, but still not back to normal where the litter box is concerned - so we still have a litter box in the middle of the living room floor to prevent any "accidents" and I have to clean it 5-6 times per day to track how much he's peeing. I was thinking to myself, how on earth did I ever complain about "normal" litter box cleaning? It was sooo easy compared to this!

    Anyhow, good luck with finding the smelly thing in the kitchen. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't planted my terrarium yet, but maybe today. My cats have climbed, taken down netting and whatever else was needed to get at plants. I think things will be safe in this jar. We'll see.

      I'm glad Jasper is doing better and I hope soon he won't need such close monitoring.

      Delete

What do you think?