Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A Second Look--October 3, 2012

I got my feet wet during my Second Look this week because we had some really hard rains yesterday. I enjoyed exploring the rainy yard because raindrops, like snow, make everything look better. 


Here's What I Found During My Second Look this Week.

The rain brought out a new bloom of mushrooms.


Raindrops on bleeding heart leaves.



Raindrops on balloon flower.


 
Raindrop on dwarf Japanese maple leaf.


This is the only bug I found braving the rain. Usually they are everywhere.



Raindrops on Siberian iris leaf.



Spider's web

 
I found this praying mantis on a hydrangea the day before the rain began.


5 comments:

  1. The spider's web photo is very interesting to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've given me a new perspective on rain. It's no secret that it rains a lot here in Seattle. One of my daughters sees things as you do, finds the beauty in the things that are annoying me, like a lot of rain, or a very cloudy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helped that it wasn't a cold rain. Rain with temps in the 30's and 40's I think are the worst.

      Delete
  3. These photos are gorgeous. I especially liked the spider web!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of these in my yard. They are especially pretty in the mornings when there is dew on them. Another time, I'm going to have to learn about the creature that weaves them.

      Delete

What do you think?