Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Second Look--September 19, 2012

It's getting harder to show you things I haven't featured recently because the same few flowers are hanging on during this time between summer and fall.  Nevertheless, you can see the things I found interesting this week during a Second Look.

Blanket Flower


There are still a few butterflies and moths around.


Moonbeam Coreopsis


I saw a lot of webs of various kinds this week. There was a spider associated with this one.


Rozanne geranium


Berries--Poke, Dogwood, and Jack-in-the-Pulpit


Begonia

Tree Bark Variations: peeling silver maple, beginnings of woodpecker holes, oak tree fungus, and cherry tree growing around tree house board.




6 comments:

  1. This is how extraordinarily different weather in one part of the US can be from another. On my deck, my pot of Teddy Bear sunflowers and purple salvia are just now beginning to bloom. We've waited all summer, and while you had photos of sunflowers about a month ago, it's only now that I get to see them in person. Have you had a frost yet? We're in the upper 70s daytime, and mid 50s overnight lows, but only for this week. I think it'll drop to the 40s next week, at night. I'll be harvesting tomatoes (and finally making my green tomato pickle relish) this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had weather similar to yours this week and no frost yet although in some of the higher elevations I think they did.

      Delete
  2. Your second looks are beautiful. I'm with you, it's harder to find new things growing outdoors right now. We found two ripe strawberries today and lots of fresh baby's breath, but other than that not much new here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strawberries? I haven't seen those in months. Do you dry the baby's breath?

      Delete
  3. I love your second look posts - it makes me wish I had such a beautiful garden with so much life in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look beautiful! The berries look so neat !! And so cool that you caught a photo with a butterfly.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?