Sunday, July 11, 2021

Thankful Sunday, July 11, 2021

 I am thankful for a fun outing.

Still Water Farm

Yesterday was a busy day with chores and errands. After we got home, we settled down on our back porch for a rest. The temperatures were warm, but a fan was blowing. Perfect for a little reading. But soon the noise of neighbors' radios and lawn mowers broke the spell. Then I remembered a co-workers band was playing not too far away. We jumped in the car and were at the Stillwater Farm in a few minutes - a new-to-us place. It was a working farm, but had diversified into a microbrewery to support the farm. I'm not a beer drinker, but no problem. I had a enjoyable time, anyway. 

The farm was surrounded by rolling hills and other farms. There was a pavilion with music playing, kids climbing rocks, a food truck, picnic tables, and a hot air balloon. It was a  great way to end a busy day.  So for a fun outing, I am thankful.


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. We had a good time partly because the beautiful setting was helped by good weather. It was not stifling hot like it has been.

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a fantastic little outing and it looks like a beautiful place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great summer activity! I'm hoping we can attend an outdoor concert tomorrow night. Our weather has been super variable, which makes planning difficult. I've missed outdoor concerts and am glad that some of them are back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your concert works out today. I'll have to look around. I'm sure there are other outdoor concerts around here.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a fun way to spend a summer evening! Did you go for a ride in the hot air balloon? I think I'd get motion sickness if I were to go in one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't ride. While the idea of a hot air balloon sounds great, I think I would have motion sickness, too. I am very prone to it.

      Delete

What do you think?