Sunday, March 24, 2019

Thankful Sunday, March 24, 2019

I am thankful for a 
new computer mouse.

For months, I struggled with the mouse for my computer. Sometimes it seemed to register two clicks when I only meant one. I was deleting emails that I didn't mean to. Editing was confusing. I thought it was all me and that some how I had developed a heavy finger. I tried to have a lighter touch with mixed results. However, the same thing was happening to Ward and it wasn't just me. After trying a few things that didn't work to fix the mouse, we got a new one.

And it's wonderful. When I do one click, I get the response for one click. When I do a double click, I the get the response for a double click. The new mouse has made life a whole lot less frustrating and for that I am thankful.


6 comments:

  1. We had the same thing happen a couple of years ago. I, too, thought the problem was with me. It's the little things that make us happy--glad you are appreciating your new mouse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I think is crazy is why I let it go so long just working on myself instead of the mechanics of the mouse. Part of the reason was the ever powerful partial reinforcement because sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. Anyway, I'm much more efficient and happier than I've been for a while at the computer with the new mouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific! I have a problem that when I leave the mouse on the pad to go to the keyboard, the page disappears and goes to main screen, desktop. I have to touch the mouse to get the page back. Sometimes this happens multiple times in a row and sometimes it seems if I let go of the mouse and just lean forward toward the keyboard monitor screen goes back to desktop. I can't figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's annoying. I have no idea what's going on, but I'd start budgeting for a new mouse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got yourself a new mouse and it is making your life a little easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. An annoying mouse is a small thing in the big scheme of things, but it's a big part of my every day, so it's definitely making life a little easier.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?