Sunday, August 19, 2018

Thankful Sunday--August 19, 2018

Today I did an experiment. I gave myself one minute to do a brain dump of things I am thankful for and below is what I came up with. There may or may not be significance to what ended up on the list, but I'm not going to analyze it right now. Normally that would be something I would do, but right now I'm going to go outside and work before the heat and humidity take over the day. Actually, I just read the list and my mind is racing and reading all kinds of things into it. Gotta stop that because I think the way our/my brain works is much too complex to look at a simple list and draw great meaning from it. Ahh! Can't help myself. The analysis continues and the typing continues, but I'm not going to share all my thoughts. Right now, anyway.

What is on your list when you do this exercise? But forget the analysis. Just use this as a way to put a little positive in you day. There. I'm getting up from the computer right now because my agitator washer just finished. I'll tend to it on my way outside.

I am thankful for

Good insurance
An agitator washer
My sisters
My kids
My husband
A day without rain
Only one mosquito bite
My leftover salad in the fridge
My one level house
My employed sons


10 comments:

  1. Ah, the over-thinking syndrome. I know it well. I'm thankful for my family, vacations, lunch with friends, green grass and trees, fresh produce, and a good night's sleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good night's sleep. The ever elusive dream. Did you sleep well on your vacation?

      Delete
    2. Mostly, yes. Sleep has been a struggle for me since my mother's fall/illness, and it affects every aspect of life for me, so I count it as a true blessing when I get good sleep!

      Delete
    3. Some say that meditation, no matter how long, helps quiet the mind at night for better sleep. I'm still working on this.

      Delete
  2. That is a great list of things you are thankful for! My list would include being alive, being in remission, my daughter, health insurance, doctors, medicines, being able to retire, my house, and a working washing machine, especially at this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a great list, too. If given time, we might put different things on our list or in a different order, but doing it quickly, I think, helps us not dismiss the small things we're grateful for also.

      Delete
  3. Here on west coast, I'm thankful for AC! It's hot. I love the washer on your list, what a wonderful appliance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. We are especially thankful that we inherited an old washer with this house. It works much better than our 'newer" old one. And with four water levels to match the size of the loads, I don't feel like we waste that much water.

      I am also thankful for AC. I know that many people don't have AC and/or work in hot weather (my son included), but I've just spent the week at work with a broken AC and I didn't like it. Can you say migraine? It was 87 when I left Friday. I hope it's fixed when I go back tomorrow.

      Delete
  4. Nice list!
    My list:
    Courage to finally go to reconcilliation after 25 years this morning
    Hubbby
    Daughter
    parents and sister.
    I woke up this morning
    Internet to connect with awesome bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you extra courage with your reconciliation and hope that whatever and whoever you're meeting with show the same courage as you do.

      Delete

What do you think?