Friday, January 25, 2013

Food Waste Friday and True Food Confessions--Jan. 25, 2013

 It's time for Food Waste Friday, when the Frugalgirl encourages us to post pictures from the previous week of wasted food from our household. This accountability hopefully will help us to be more careful with our food and maybe save some money. Also, I am using this public forum to encourage us to eat out less which includes better meal planning. You can follow how we are doing in this endeavor by reading True Food Confessions.

This Week's Food Waste



No waste this week! Over the weekend, I made a list of things to use up from the fridge. We cooked and ate from this list all week, and avoided any waste. Now, was I coordinated or what? :)



This Week's True Food Confessions




One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the other,
 By the time I finish my song?*

If you guessed the pizza, you'd be right. We cooked everything else at home this week. A definite success.
*Does everyone recognize this song from Sesame Street?


6 comments:

  1. How very organized of you. Now that you've come up with a method that works for you, to eliminate food waste, will you use this method routinely?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is what worked for this week. The refrigerator was fuller than normal and I didn't want things to get lost. As you know, a plan ahead of time is the best plan of all.

      Delete
  2. Well done on No Waste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of surprised that it worked out this well, but I'll take it.

      Delete
  3. I don't know what it is, but I always crave pizza on Fridays. Weird, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess what we're having tonight? Pizza, although it's from the freezer. It's from Costco where a medium size one only turns out to cost $2.50. I'm adding the rest of the black olives that need to be used up as a topping. Also, might use some winter sausage that someone gave us as a topping. Still working on my list of things from the fridge and these are two things from it.

      Delete

What do you think?