Thursday, March 14, 2024

Ramblings

 I've been kind of aimless recently, so to focus myself better, I made a list of goals for the week. It included things from housework, yardwork, paperwork, and personal matters. In addition, it included all of the week's commitments, including appointments and work. It's not a comprehensive list, just something to make progress on things that aren't shouting, "I must be done now!"  I love to cross things off a list, so this should work well for me. I won't bore you with the details of my goals, but one of them was to write at least one blog post this week. So here I am.

Ward's latest puzzle. 

The great thing about a blog post, especially on a blog where you're not trying to make money, is that you can write about anything. Or nothing, which is what I seem to be doing thus far in this post. 😀

We finally have a new car. We're still wading through the insurance paperwork and the paperwork to title it in the trust (we have resigned the papers 3x now), but we have it. However, I'm still a little gun-shy about driving it. That's what happens when you're in a crash, but you gotta do what you gotta do. 

Boy, our life is boring. Or I have a bad memory because I can't think of anything else to write about. Let's see. We continue attending dance class and learning the cha-cha and waltz. We're slowly meeting people there and having a good laugh as we try to copy what the instructor is doing. It was recommended that you get dance shoes that are flexible and have a sole that lets you both slide and stop on the floor. Patches of suede on the soles supposedly accomplish this. However, dance shoes are expensive, so we got little slip-on sleeves that go over our shoes that help accomplish the same thing. For the level that we're on, they work just fine.

There goes my timer (12 minutes today). I have to leave now to see the allergist. We'll discuss whether I need to continue with allergy shots now that we don't have any cats. He once said that it takes a good six months to get rid of most of the cat's dander, even with thorough cleaning. I'd be happy not to have to go for allergy shots all of the time.

I hope you're enjoying some nice spring weather, although I see on the news that much of the western half of the country is having snow. Today, we're having a warm day, and I'm hoping to take advantage of it between my appointment this morning and my work tonight.

Until next time...


8 comments:

  1. I always enjoy reading your blog posts, no matter what you write about! I'm glad you have your new car and hopefully, getting the paperwork done will be completed, soon! Your dance classes sound like fun and you have found a good alternative to the more expensive dance shoes. :) Hope your appointment with the allergist goes well and you won't need to get any more allergy shots. Enjoy the rest of your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bless. The allergist appointment went well, but we decided another year of shots would be in order. If for no other reason, it takes 6-8 months for most of the dander to go away, even with thorough cleaning.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love that puzzle, and I love hearing of your dancing adventures! I took a tap class a few years ago and suddenly found myself having to purchase tap shoes after not wearing any since I was 14! Haha! THAT was an adventure, and I sure hated paying that much for them. I need to dig them out and tap around the house. It's good cardio for sure! I do hope you can stop your allergy shots when it is time. I know that would be one less thing you had to worry about. Glad you have the new car now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where I work, there's a senior center in the same building, and they have a tap dancing class. It's fun to listen to with all of their tap shoes tapping away. I thought things were getting better with the allergies, but my eyes have been itching the last couple of days, so it's probably good that I'm continuing with the shots.

      Delete
  3. Has your doctor recommended getting your house vents cleaned? I've heard that lots of cat fur/dander can be hiding in your ductwork. Speaking of which, it would probably be a good idea for me to schedule to get that done.

    What a fantastic puzzle. I know that Ward likes to hike--has he hiked a lot o the AT? We were on a small portion of it when we went to the Smokies several years ago. I made sure we took pictures of us in front of the signs, to give the impression that we were hardy hikers. :) One of my coworkers took a leave of absence to hike the entire thing. She's one of those small-but-mighty persons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not the only one with missing comments. I'm not sure my earlier reply to you is. The doctor did not say anything about cleaning the vents, but that might be a good idea. However, we do have a very good filter on our HVAC and air purifiers that we run at night that should help with some of that.
      Ward has hiked various parts of the AT, some with just hiking and some backpacking. However, he has not been on most of it. I have hiked a little on it, but never backpacked. It takes a special kind of person to be able to hike the whole thing.

      Delete
  4. We have never tried to make money on our blog, but you are right. I have noticed that when people do, their blog and what they write about certainly changes, not always for the better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy that we have another source of income. It would be a lot of pressure to come up with interesting posting on a regular basis. And you're right. Some people are better at it than others.

      Delete

What do you think?