Saturday, February 3, 2024

Spring ?

 As of late, I've seen pictures of snowdrops and crocuses on Facebook posts. So, with high hopes in hand, I went looking around my yard to see what signs of spring I could find. No snowdrops yet, but I did find a few things had poked their heads above the dirt. Winter is definitely not over, but spring is coming. Get ready for some pictures below of mostly brown with a few splashes of green as you see what I found.

Tulips


Crocuses


Daylilies


Daffodils


Hydrangea. Last summer's blooms are providing
some interest in the winter.


Mums


Nandina. The nandina berries provide color all winter long
 because the birds don't like them.


Beautyberry. The birds do like these berries, so there are only a few left.


Lilac buds


According to the groundhog yesterday, spring is coming soon. So we shall see.

Until next time...

13 comments:

  1. It looks spring-like in your area. We have splotches of dirty snow. I'd prefer either a fresh snowfall or spring. I think it's the in-between weather that I dislike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I remember correctly, you usually have some early crocuses at your house. Any sign of them yet?

      Delete
  2. Beautiful signs of spring! thanks for sharing. Here we had a few days of warm weather last week, and by the chicadees feeding frenzy in top of the trees i concluded the poplar buds are swelling here too. Also birds started making their mating sounds. At the moment we are hrown into a deepfreeze again, but i am sure here too spring is just around the corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had some warm weather last week, also, that I think encouraged some of the sprouts. I haven't noticed the mating songs, but recently there seem to be robins everywhere.

      Delete
  3. Looks like spring is springing in your garden! It's always lovely to see those first bulbs starting to show up, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crocus blooms are what I look forward to the most in the spring. The colors are so bright and cheerful and they are among the first to bloom.

      Delete
  4. Let's hope that groundhog was right, I am ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the long, dark nights and the cold temperatures, I think everyone is ready for spring right about now. February is traditionally our biggest snowfall month, so we shall see what it brings.

      Delete
  5. I haven't seen my daffodils coming forth yet, nor crocuses and strangely the forsythia bloomed in December, all of December, even the freezing days. I couldn't figure that one out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather confuses the plants sometimes. A couple of years ago, we had a pear trim bloom in the winter. Our forsythia is just starting to show buds.

      Delete
  6. Your Nandina is so pretty! We have a few things poking up, too, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much since March is such a wildcard weather month for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, these tender shoots may very well be killed back by hard freezes yet to come. But they will be up eventually for good.

      Delete

What do you think?