Friday, April 15, 2022

M is for My Morning

My morning yesterday was fairly routine, or some might use the word boring, but that's okay. I like boring. Here it goes.

I got up a little before 7 am after laying in bed for a while. I like to plan my day before I rise and shine.


After I got up, I checked my email and logged into my fitness program. I am rewarded at work for participating in the fitness program, so I try to do that first thing before I forget. This is my temporary office while construction is going on. Wally got me that chair for Christmas. It's a gaming chair but is quite comfortable as an office chair.


Then I went to our temporary mini kitchen in the living room for a bowl of cereal.


I watched TV while I ate. I turned on one of the morning shows without the sound and read the news crawlers. That's usually how I know if anything significant happened overnight.


Then it was time to release the cats from the basement where they spent the night. Annie was quite vocal about me joining her here, but I had other things to do.


 Ward and I were off to do some errands. We took the back roads, and it was a pretty drive.


The first stop was the recycling station to drop off some cardboard and metal.


The next stop was Lowes for some mulch. So much to choose from.
The winner? The kind that was on sale.


I managed to get out without buying any plants. That's an old sale sign, or I might have been more tempted.


Next up was Costco for a fill-up.


After getting home, Ward and I were able to get two beds weeded and mulched before the rain hit. The main goal of the mulching was to slow down the weeds
while we're waiting to plant more things.


Although the sun was hot, I enjoyed being outside, where the colors are so vibrant this time of year. The crabapple is blooming.


And the cherry tree is just beginning.


As is this apple tree. We rarely get apples from this tree, but it is pretty in the spring.

Then it was time for lunch and a shower before heading off to work. So there you have it, My Morning.

Until next time...

20 comments:

  1. You had a beautiful morning!
    My apple trees are blooming and the squirrels are applauding their potential food supply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I may have a similar morning today. We have a lot more mulching to do and there's only so much that will fit in our van at a time. Apples are prone to so many problems, including those pesky squirrels.

      Delete
  2. I could almost visualise u moving around between all those spots...lovely pics of cherry, apple and the other one ( crab apple?).. have a good dya


    Dropping by from a to z http://afshan-shaik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A crab apple is a small wild apple that is not as sweet as a regular apple. Some of them are big enough that people make jelly out of them.

      Delete
  3. That sounds like a very productive morning! I like your office chair! Aw, Annie looks so hopeful! She wanted cuddles, I suppose, or a lap on which to nap! The best mulch is the kind that's on sale! That's the kind I asked M to buy for me! :D Your fruit trees are looking great and your garden looks so nice and green. Hope the rest of your day went well, June. Is Ward enjoying his retirement?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ward is definitely happy to not have to deal with work. So far, he's been busy catching up on a few things around the house.

      Delete
  4. Wow, look at all the green and colorful blossoms you have! We are just starting to see tiny bits of trees budding out and shrubs greening up but mostly it's gray and brown, so I'm looking forward to the next phase.

    Max the cat is also quite demanding with his wants. Funny how cats know how to ask for attention. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are definitely in the middle of the spring color when all of the colors are so bold. However, if you notice in the road pictures, there are still several kinds of trees that haven't leafed out quite yet. Hopefully soon you will be able to see some of the same things we are seeing her a little further south.

      Cats certainly know how to get your attention! :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It is much fancier than I would have picked out for myself, but I like it.

      Delete
  6. Your kitty is beautiful! I love her little face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does have a sweet face, but she has a loud mouth to go with it. :)

      Delete
  7. Its a very active morning as I see it! The blooming trees look beautiful!! Coming away without buying plants needs a lot of self control! Happy AtoZ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not to buy plants until I know that I have time to plant them. We're concentrating on cleaning and mulching beds right now.

      Delete
  8. Look at all that green grass! Since we live in the desert it is always nice to see pictures of grass growing in other parts of the country! Seems like you have a good morning routine!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I visit the dessert, I love the beauty of it. However, after a few days, my eyes crave green. I guess that's because that's what they're used to.

      Delete
  9. That's a near perfect normal day by my estimation. Similar in spirit to my average day but looks like you're in a prettier environment than the urban sprawl where I live. But my days are good too and mostly routine like yours.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having grown up in a small town, urban sprawl intimidates me sometimes. However, there are many advantages to living in a more urban area. Unfortunately, our area is starting to suffer from suburban sprawl. Oh, well. I still have some green space around me and that is good.

      Delete
  10. I'm a morning person so I like running my errands in the morning too. On the days I go to work late, I wake even a little earlier to do my errands so I can get a nap in before going into work. You have very lovely view in your backyard. I could stay out there all day enjoying that view with a hot or cold beverage depending on the weather.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?