Sunday, January 2, 2022

Thankful Sunday, January 2, 2022

A few things from the last week.

I am thankful for our large table. To have more seating, Ward made a tabletop extension for our banquet table. It easily holds 10 people. 


And with a nice tablecloth, you'd never know that there's a sheet of plywood underneath.

I am thankful for carolers. The kids in the neighborhood practiced and
then caroled on two different nights. They were as good as they were cute.


And each house got a homemade card from them.


I am thankful for new poinsettias. We got two poinsettias as gifts from friends this year.


And the plan is to keep them alive so they can bloom again next year like this one.
That's the plan anyway. :)


I am thankful the cats had fun at Christmas. Our cats are over 18 years old and are not very lively. However, the Christmas things seem to give them new life.

But they didn't forget how to enjoy a sunbeam.

I am thankful for new ornaments. My sister-in-law made this one with epoxy.


And the tree is still up to hang it on.
Some of the decorations are down,
but the tree will stay until Jan. 6, Epiphany. 

I am thankful for a new puzzle.


And an old coloring book. Both provided some relaxing downtime.

Until next time...


8 comments:

  1. What a fun puzzle! We just started one yesterday. It should keep up busy for awhile.

    I would have probably removed the rug from under the table to prevent spills on it. You're braver than I am!

    Our tree is still up but that's more due to my overall laziness than keeping it up until Epiphany. Maybe tomorrow ....

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been a huge hassle to move the rug, so we didn't. We've had it for a long time and there are few stains on it from earlier spills. We've thought about getting a new one, but that is on hold along with several other things while we still have cats.

      I like to take Christmas decorations down on New Year's Day, but Ward likes to keep them up. The compromise is that we leave the tree and the outside lights up until Epiphany and take the rest down on New Year's.

      Ward is the main puzzle worker in the house. He is very good and very fast. However, he thought this one was hard. I'm passing it along today to another friend.

      Delete
  2. Your kitties are so cute! And the carolers are just precious! Your puzzle does look fun. My husband gave me a clear puzzle as a funny "just because" gift a few weeks ago. Needless to say, I'm sure it is going to be quite difficult to put together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A clear puzzle? I haven't seen one of those before. It doesn't sound like something I'd be interested in, but maybe my husband would. He is the real puzzle worker in the family.

      Delete
  3. Nice you had a big table for your holiday gathering. I've seen that done on that DABL show "Sell This House" where they extend a table with plywood but cover it nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the first time that we've set up a big table in the living room. It worked out well, so we'll do it again on those rare occasions that we have sit down dinners.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely post of things for which you are thankful! My favorite photos were the two with the cats! They really know what life is all about, don't they? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cats have it figured out. Sometimes when I'm stressed, I try to channel the way they can relax - especially in a sunbeam.

      Delete

What do you think?