Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Carolers


Saturday night we were visited by a group of delightful carolers. They were a group of elementary school girls who were all members of GAC--Girls Animal Club. The girls explained that they formed this club because they all love animals and hope to get a pet one day. As part of their mission, they were collecting money for an animal charity if you wanted to donate. They all wore masks, socially distanced, and were very polite. After the group finished singing, they handed us a holiday card they had made. The littlest one (6 or 7) then mentioned that the next-door neighbor had given them all ring pops, but the older ones quickly quieted her.  We didn't have any treats for them, but did donate to their cause. 

Their visit made the evening for Ward and me and many others in the neighborhood. There are some parents out there who are doing something right and we feel lucky to be living among them.


See you tomorrow.

Note: I don't have pictures of the carolers in our neighborhood, so I've linked above to other singing kids that I also enjoyed .



9 comments:

  1. That's so sweet. I haven't seen carolers in my neighborhood in over 20 years. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always liked caroling. Maybe next year, I'll form a group to go out. We won't be as cute as this group, but it would be fun.

      Delete
  2. We never have carolers anymore. I think it must be a dying tradition here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder since we live in a social media, digital world that people don't think about things like caroling. I hope what I saw was the beginning of a resurgence.

      Delete
  3. How nice to have carolers come to your door to sing to you! Too funny about the little one mentioning the neighbor's treats! :D I enjoyed the video you linked, too. Such lovely singing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The girls were good singers, too. You could tell that they had practiced.

      Delete
  4. How fun. We caroled when we were kids but the only time I have done it as an adult has been at a long term care facility.

    However, my siblings are caroling outside of my mom's window at her assisted living facility on Friday. Hope it brings her joy. Others near her might be able to listen in so I hope they like that kind of thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will bring everyone joy who hears them, especially your mother. It's a wonderful idea.

      Delete

What do you think?