Sunday, May 19, 2013

Thankful Sunday--May 19, 2013

I am thankful for my library card.



Today I checked out a mystery by Martha Grimes from the library to join all of the travel books I have on New Mexico. I just returned two books on CD and a magazine, and last week I returned a movie I didn't have time to watch--but that's not a problem, I can check it out again. I have discovered new music that I like and new music that I didn't like from the library. Also I have been to gardening programs, craft programs, history programs, and book club programs at my library. And someday when I get an E reader, I will check out books for it from the library.

I have been using the library since I was a very little girl and although my card has changed over time, I have always been thankful for it.



4 comments:

  1. I don't know where I'd be without my library card. The amount of reading I like to do would easily cost me a couple hundred dollars a month and that's if I purchased everything used, second hand. I would definitely have to work more and have less time for my other pleasures in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The library is definitely one of the best parts of our society.

      Delete
  2. I love the library too, although I have problems remembering to return the books! Lately I've been using the uni library because, as a postgrad student I can borrow books for three months (as long as no one else requests them). They also don't make you pay fines until you get to $25, and the fines are wiped every semester.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our library system sends you an email 3 days before a book is do and again 1 day before a book is do. At this point, I usually renew it online if I'm not finished with it. Since they started this system, I don't think I have had any overdue books. I can't say the same for before the email reminders

      Delete

What do you think?