Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A Second Look--June 17, 2015

Here are some things I saw this week 
during a Second Look.

Day lily


Mushroom



Hydrangea



Lady's Mantle



Blanket flower



Yellow, white, and red clover



Redbud tree seed pods. I never realized until I saw them yesterday, that the little, tiny redbud flowers produced such big seed pods.



Hosta or the deer's breakfast yesterday.



The bluebirds are building another nest in this box for a second brood. The bluebirds sit on top of the box a lot to guard it. There has already been a wren that has tried to use this box.




4 comments:

  1. I remember sucking out the nectar from clover when I was a kid. Maybe I'm odd for having done it? I love the good smells of the outdoors in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never did clover, but I did do that with honey suckle. And we won't go into all of the "play" food I ate from the outdoors when I was little. It's a miracle I didn't poison myself.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They ate more in other places but I didn't take a picture of that. I still have some flowers and bushes, so I'm happy.

      Delete

What do you think?