Sunday, October 27, 2013

Thankful Sunday--October 27, 2013


I am thankful for the first frost.



Last night we had our first heavy frost, and this morning I awoke to the sun glistening off the white crystals it left everywhere. It was a beautiful sight. Even though I don't like cold weather, frost is a sign that it is time to stop worrying about the outside and time to enjoy the the quieter things that you can do inside. I am thankful for this frost and its reminder that it's time to get out a jigsaw puzzle and spend some quiet time with my family.




6 comments:

  1. I'm not ready for cold weather, but I am enjoying seeing the frost early in the morning. Everything sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you. While I enjoy seeing the frost, I'm not ready for cold weather.

      Delete
  2. Those are lovely frost photos! I seldom get up early enough to enjoy it.

    I have such ambivalence about this time of year, though this year I didn't even bother to cover the garden for the first hard freeze. It wasn't doing well anyhow, and I just had bigger fish to fry so I was sorta relieved to let it go. But I was just looking at my overflowing mending basket and thinking that while I'll miss being on my bike this winter, it will be nice to have some extra time to devote to quiet things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mending basket. Hmm... I've been ignoring it. Soon I may actually "see" it and do some of it.

      Delete
  3. We never get frost here in Brisbane and I kind of miss how nice it looks in the mornings (but not the cold weather!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you were warm in Brisbane, but I didn't realize that you were so warm that you didn't get frost. Enjoy your warm weather.

      Delete

What do you think?