Monday, June 17, 2013

Ordinary treasures


Do you have an ordinary thing, in fact something that happens everyday, that you see as wonderous? I saw one of those things today while I was pulling weeds. I found a small oak tree with the acorn attached to the root. Every time I find a plant where the sprouting seed is still visible, I feel as if I've found a treasure. 

Do you have something that is ordinary, but makes you think you've found a treasure when you see it?

BTW--Interesting that I didn't notice the maple seed on the rock when I took the picture.



4 comments:

  1. Life is full of little treasures. I love the acorn still attached. Nature is full of surprises isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, nature is full of surprises and I love finding them. You are finding a lot of them in your grandchildren and in the lot behind you.

      Delete
  2. I sort of feel that way about people. I feel that way when someone I've known a while surprises me with some wholly individual idiosyncrasies. It's like having blinders, that you didn't realize you were wearing, removed and really seeing someone the first time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean, but I can't think of any examples right now. I'm going to start paying more attention to people instead of taking them for granted. Who knows what I will find.

      Delete

What do you think?