Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Second Look--January 2, 2013

We've had a couple of small snowfalls recently but they haven't seemed to affect the wildlife any. I continue to see birds, squirrels and deer from the windows. (Have I mentioned that I don't like to go out in cold weather much?)

Here's what I saw this week during a Second Look.

Snow from three days ago.



Remnants of the snow.




Finch and titmouse

 

Grapevine



Bird skull (3-4" long). I think I found another piece of it a couple of weeks ago.




White tailed deer




White breasted nuthatch and red bellied woodpecker




Nest, catbird?



4 comments:

  1. I would be happy to share some of our snow, it doesn't seem to want to stop. I too hate to go out in the cold and do everything I can to stay indoors. Love the photos as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We usually don't get our biggest snowfalls until January, but it varies from year to year. The Second Look is good for me because it gets me outside at least once a week to notice nature even in the cold.

      Delete
  2. Lovely wintry pics! No such colour on our bird feeder - mostly LBJs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to figure out what LBJs meant. Here when we hear LBJ, we think Lyndon Baines Johnson, our 36th president. I like the term, "little brown job". That's what most of the birds on my feeder look like to me.

      Delete

What do you think?