In Part One of the Beautiful Blogger Award post, I talked about the people who nominated me for the award. During Part Two, I am going to tell you seven facts about me that you might not know and about some other blogs you may find interesting.
Seven Things about Me You May Not Know and It Didn't Occur to You to Ask
1. I like to eat pickles on my peanut butter sandwiches. It doesn't matter what kind. It's the combination of the dry peanut butter and the juicy pickles that makes it work.
2. I was a cheerleader in junior high and high school even though I'm not very coordinated. Limberness and enthusiasm can carry you a long way.
3. I have saved all of the petals from the roses Ward has given me over the years. They are in a basket in my living room. Thank goodness the cats aren't interested in eating them. They seem to like sampling everything else.
4. I have a bad sense of direction. Turn me around in a hallway and I may get lost. Therefore the GPS, that Ward got me a couple of years ago for my birthday, was one of the best presents I ever got.
5. I love being outside, but don't like it when it is really hot or cold. Then I like looking out the window.
6. Bejeweled is my current favorite computer game. One reason I like it is that I can play a quick game and then move on--that is if I don't start another game. :)
7. I love discovering the variety of titles I see at the library during my job. I think there really has been a book written about everything.
Now for my nominees:
Intermittent Farm Report This is a delightful blog by Shelley that shows what it's really like to live on a farm and be self sufficient. Shelley writes about her life raising dairy goats, training dogs, tending her garden, building fences, making furniture, making cheese, making soap, etc. Shelley dives into her jobs with enthusiasm and knowledge that makes for interesting and fun reading. The blog is called Intermittent Farm Report because sometimes the farm work takes precedent over her blog. However, she does provide regular updates that I eagerly wait for.
The Science of Heroes This blog by Yvonne Carts-Powell keeps you in the know about what is going on the world of science. Yvonne regularly scans science literature and provides easy to understand updates of the current happenings. Besides providing clear summaries, she also occasionally throws in fun experiments and videos. My whole family really enjoys this very interesting blog.
A Place to Reside Marilyn, the author of this blog, has a way of writing that makes me feel calm. She writes clearly and thoughtfully about a variety of subjects but cooking and food are her favorites. Sometimes she may include a meaningful exchange that she had with someone recently or use beautiful pictures to tell a story. A Place to Reside was on hiatus recently, but is beginning to publish again. In the meantime, look through the archives. I think you will enjoy them.