Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Second Look--December 5, 2012

Here's what I saw this week during a Second Look.

Amazingly, these mums are still blooming. They have been well protected against the house.


Each one of the holes on this sweet gum ball was full of seeds about the size of a mustard seed.


This red bellied woodpecker is new to the feeder. Mostly we have downy woodpeckers visit.


We still have several branches brought down by Sandy that have to be cleaned up.


I don't remember our purple sage blooming this late in the season before.


Blue Jays


These brown-headed cowbirds were hanging out below our feeder.


A Second Look at this wreath shows reflections of trees and sky it is framing.




9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. At first I was just taking a picture of the wreath. Then I noticed the reflections around it. That's what my Second Look is supposed to do. Make my see things in a different way.

      BTW, I won that wreath as a door price during a program at the library.

      Delete
  2. I love the flowering plants, nothing has survived the cold here, it's all dormant til spring. Our bird feeders are getting a lot of use, and I still get to enjoy the sounds of the geese flying overhead each morning and night, I keep telling myself winter isn't coming yet because of the lovely sounds, but I know I'm kidding myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These mums are in a nook between the chimney and heat pump. They're looking a little ragged, but a happy sight. The weather has turned colder today, reminding us once again that it's almost winter.

      Delete
  3. I love the Wreath/reflections too. I must get working on mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's still in bits...hoping to have it up and running by the second Sunday of Advent!!

      Delete
  4. I love your pretty wreath. And a picture of Blue Jays! They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blue jays are loud, pushy birds, but the sure are pretty.

      Delete

What do you think?