Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Second Look--November 14, 2012

I'm glad that I was out earlier in the week during the warm weather because today it was sleeting. The rain and wind brought down most of the remaining leaves, however there are still a couple of maples that are in their prime. Also, a few flowers have been protected from the frosts and are providing delicate color here and there. I know colder weather is coming because I saw a junco which migrates here for the winter.


Here's what I saw this week during a Second Look.

Japanese Maple


Asiatic Bittersweet Berries





White tailed deer



Sweet Gum Ball


Sage

Early morning at the bird feeder



Wild cherry growing in fork of a maple tree.


Mum

6 comments:

  1. The color on that Japanese maple is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every year that tree gives a show with those brilliant red leaves.

      Delete
  2. All our maples are bare now, how lucky you are to still have fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are because soon all will be bare. However, when all of the trees are bare, I like how far I can see.

      Delete

What do you think?