Tuesday, April 9, 2013

It's the thought that counts.



Recently, many people did kind things for my family during a difficult time, and we want to thank them with a note. Should be easy, right? Well it is, but that doesn't mean that my sisters and I didn't have a discussion about it first. It seems in this day and age, none of us uses handwriting for more than making a quick list or jotting down a phone number, and the quality of our penmanship has declined quite a bit--meaning any piece of correspondence can be sloppy and full of mistakes despite our best efforts. We thought of many different ways to combat this problem, that we may use, but decided in the end not to worry about it. This really is a case where it is the thought that counts.

Have you found that your handwriting has declined over the years with increased use of keyboarding?


6 comments:

  1. I don't know that my handwriting has gotten worse, but I have to say, sometimes it feels laborious. Typing often feels easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think fatigue may be part of the problem with less than perfect handwriting.

      Delete
  2. My handwriting has become much less neat, as well. When I'm writing thank you's I have to really focus and "try" to write neatly. My step-mom, on the other hand, still has lovely penmanship. But I think your conclusion, that it's the thought that counts, is probably for the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are two things involved with my decline of paper and pencil writing--one is I get tired and the other is that I can't write as fast as I can think. I can't type that fast either, but I have a better chance when I'm typing.

      Delete
  3. My handwriting has become sloppier than it used to be and my hands and forearms tire faster than they used to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hands and forearms tire faster than they used to also, and it's not because I have a condition like you do. I just think it's from lack of use for me.

      Delete

What do you think?