Sunday, December 17, 2017

Thankful Sunday--December 17, 2017

I am thankful for a hungry kitty.

Our cat, Lucky, is 17 1/2 years old. Quite a respectable age for a cat. In fact, that's the oldest we've ever had a cat live. However, he is starting to have various problems as he ages. The most serious one was that recently he decided to stop eating altogether.

However, with a new medicine and change in food, he is interested in food again. Hurray! And here's how I know Lucky is really feeling better. About a week and a half into the new medicine, he started to fight me when I gave it to him. Before, there was only the slightest of protest. I have a new set of scratches, but that's okay because our old Lucky is going to be with us a little while longer.

So for a hungry kitty, I am thankful.

12 comments:

  1. Ohh, poor kitty! I'm so glad he started to eat again and shows some spirit too! Many wishes for a lot more happy years with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nathalie. I wish for many more happy years, but that's a long shot given his age. But for now. seeing improvement makes me feel better.

      Delete
    2. You never know... my brother's cat passed away earlier this year at the age of 22 and someone on Reddit said their cat passed away at 27. Sounds to me like Lucky has a very caring owner who takes good care of him :)

      Delete
    3. My cats definitely get good care, just like yours do. I always say that if there is reincarnation, I want to come back as one of my cats.

      Delete
    4. Haha, I say the same thing about coming back as Max Cat. Alternatively, I'd like to clone him, as he has a sweet personality. Glad Lucky is feeling better and I hope for a long and happy life for him.

      Delete
    5. You know, people have had their pets cloned. Doesn't seem right to me, but I can understand the desire.

      Delete
  2. That's wonderful news! I am sooo happy for you - and for Lucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're all pretty darn happy here. Not sure how long things are going to last, but it's good for now. :)

      Delete
  3. Doing a happy dance here for you and your Lucky cat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. BTW, Just made me smile as I thought about Snoopy and his happy dance.

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear that Lucky is feeling better and eating, again. Hope he continues to do so and be with you for a long time to come.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?