Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A Second Look--Early Addition, October 16, 2012

This is an early edition of a Second Look that features the first frost of the season. The regular Second Look will be posted tomorrow.

Here's What I Saw One Morning This Week

Notice the white on the hill. That's all frost.


Frosted Japanese Maple Leaf



Frosted Sedum Bloom



Frosted Violet Leaves



Frosted spider web


Frosted Marigold Bloom


Frosted violet leaf Notice the drop of dew to the right of the leaves.




6 comments:

  1. The frost looks delicate and beautiful! Love the spider web!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The picture really doesn't do the spider web justice. Also, I am very curious about the hole in it. Earlier, I had seen a less organized web with a little bit of a hole. I guess this was a less advanced form. Anyway, it's all very interesting. Sometime, I'm going to have to do a little more research on the whole thing.

      Delete
  2. That's beautiful! No frost here yet. But we're getting close.
    I love the first frost. It makes me think of cozy days by a fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were calling for a hard frost which we didn't get. The plants that were somewhat protected survived.

      Delete
  3. Amazing photos! It's nice that you were able to capture the frost on film (er, digital?). I'm sure it melted away pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pics. We had our first frost here this week too!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?