Friday, July 6, 2012

Food Waste Friday--July 6, 2012

It's time for Food Waste Friday, when the Frugalgirl encourages us to post pictures from the previous week of wasted food from our household. This accountability hopefully will help us to be more careful with our food and maybe save some money. 




Here it goes for this week.   
This week there was a serving of salad that went bad. I'd like to say that it got hidden in the back of the fridge and got away from me. But it didn't. I just decided that I had had enough of it and let it sit in there until the cucumbers turned slimy. That's all. No attempt for a save. I think nine days of 100 degree temperatures are getting to me. 



10 comments:

  1. Definitely could be worse. Sometimes we just get tired of some foods.
    It has been over 100 to many days here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one else around here is interested in salads, so if I make one, I eat most of it. I had this salad several days in a row with cottage cheese and it was quite good. However, I just got tired of it.

      Delete
  2. Cucumber seems to be the nemesis of food waste, for me anyway. I'm giving up on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how the food waste community seems to go in cycles. For a while a lot of corriander was showing up as waste. Now it's cucumbers.

      Delete
  3. I wasted way too much this week. Hope that it cools down in your neck of the wood soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monday, it may only reach 90. Never thought that I'd be looking forward to 90.

      Delete
  4. Cukes do tend to go bad quickly! My family likes salad but I still make extra just for myself:) It looks like it was a yummy salad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cucumber's always have a way of doing that in my fridge. Hope it's coolin down for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have times when I just don't feel like eating what's in the fridge. Fortunately, I can usually talk my hubby into taking whatever it is to work for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try that sometimes, but unfortunately he doesn't have a fridge or microwave available to him which makes it a lot more difficult.

      Delete

What do you think?