Thursday, January 30, 2020

It's the little things.



This morning started with a little thing that made me smile. I found an apple that rattled. While washing an apple before adding it to a lunch, I noticed a sound. I quickly took it to Ward to see if he heard the same thing. He, too, heard the subtle rattle with a little shake. We both surmised that there were loose seeds in the middle and that's what I found when I cut it open. I'm sure there are plenty of other apples around with loose seeds that rattle, but this was a first for me-finding an apple that I could use as a rhythm instrument. The shaker apple didn't last long because I cut it up, but aren't most things in nature fleeting even when they seem to remain the same?

As long as I'm here, let's see if I can fill in what I've been doing since we last visited. There are lots of things that I can't go into detail about because they are not my stories to tell. But I've been to three memorial services and helped a relative who was in the hospital. My new job is keeping me busy with several trainings and meetings as well as other routine things. I am slowly learning my new responsibilities but have miles to go before I sleep. I have started using a light box in the mornings after testimonials from several friends. So far, I wouldn't say that a miracle has happened from using it, but I would say that overall, I am sleeping better. Always a good thing. The porch construction is progressing well and I will probably do another porch update tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I'm out of computer time for now because I have to get ready for work.

Until next time...


8 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you! I, too, would have gotten a kick out of a rattling apple. Maybe you can join a band. :)

    Any time you start a new job, there is so much to learn and your entire routine shifts. Add that to the other things you've been doing and I'm sure you feel swamped at times. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement. I know a lot more than I did a month ago and if I keep learning at this rate, I'll be okay. One of the problems I have is that I don't like fumbling to find the information that someone has asked for. I know that that is to be expected, but I don't want to do poor customer service. I tend to refer people to others if they seem in a hurry. However, then I don't get the experience I need. Hopefully soon, I will only feel that way in special circumstances.

      Next rattling apple I find is not going to get cut up. I'm going to see if I can dry it before it rots and then join the family band.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like good luck 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your idea. Never thought about it, but it definitely sounds like a good luck charm.

      Delete
  3. I've never encountered a rattling apple. Not yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely going to shake each before I eat it now.

      Delete
  4. Never had a rattling apple! Maybe you can plant the seeds and grow apple trees!

    The first few months at a new job can be a steep upwards learning curve and very stressful! I'm sure it will get better with time, though.

    You've had a lot going on, recently. I'm sorry you've had to attend three memorials and had a relative in the hospital, too. Hope whoever was in the hospital is recovering and doing better, now. Hope things slow down a bit for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have two apple trees, but they are very old and haven't had more than an apple or two on them since we moved in. I have an apple tree on order and it should arrive in a few weeks when it is time to plant. I hope eventually, it is a good producer--at least enough for some good seasonal eating.

      Thanks for the encouragement. My life is good even with a little stress thrown in here and there.

      Delete

What do you think?