Sunday, February 10, 2013

Thankful Sunday--February 10, 2012

I am thankful for clouds.

I love to look at clouds. To be honest, it's not their beauty that I appreciate first. It's the information they can give me about the weather. But, if I take time to notice, there's nothing more beautiful than white billowy clouds against a brilliant blue sky.
___________________________________________________________________________________

But Wait There's More,
Here is a link to some unbelievable pictures of clouds around the world.
Incredible clouds you've got to see.

Hat Tip: A Place to Reside

8 comments:

  1. Clearly, I'm a cloud watcher too. They are one of the few things that quiet my internal monologue, allowing me to just watch and observe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything that can quiet an internal monologue is special. Maybe if I practice, clouds can do that for me.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Didn't mean to delete your comment. I'm glad your son was looking up that day to see the turtle. I think we all need to spend more time being aware of what is around us.

      Delete
  3. I love clouds too. My love affair with them began when I was little. My grandfather would save all his vacation days, sick days, and the 2 weeks shut down at his plant and travel. Six weeks of bliss. When traveling the countryside we didn't have radio reception in many areas of the country (way before cd or cassettes were played in cars) so my grandmother and I would look at the clouds to find unique formations which reminded us of other things.It was a fun game, one I played with my boys and still now with my grandchildren. There is so much outside to entertain and teach us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous blue sky :) I hope that means it's warming up where you are.

    I also know the value of watching clouds for the weather, especially when camping and doing fieldwork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we have our warmer days and our colder days, but it's definitely not spring yet. Recently, we've had a lot of wind making it feel very cold.

      Delete

What do you think?