Sunday, October 6, 2019

Thankful Sunday, October 6, 2019

I am thank for fotor.com.




When I first started blogging, I used the free photo editor Picasa. It worked great.  Besides basic edits, it made collages and blurred things out. Then Google bought Picasa and retired it. After that, I have been on a long search for a replacement. I had PicMonkey for a while, even bought the advanced version, but it was awkward to use and, in my opinion, wasn't worth the cost. Then the other day I found a free version of fotor.com. It's the standard set up. The program offers you basics and you can pay for more advanced features if you want. I was thrilled because with the free version, I found a way to blur out personal things in a photo so I can post it.

So for the free photo editing app, fotor.com, I am thankful.

I am also thankful for my cousins, some of which I saw at my recent family reunion. However because of fotor, you won't be able to see them very well. Just as I had planned. And for that, I am thankful.


10 comments:

  1. I confess I was a little weirded out when I first looked at your picture--then I figured out that you were trying to keep people anonymous and it all made sense. I currently have no need for fotor but it's good to know that it is available!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great that you can blur out the features of people in your photos! I am thankful that you got to see your cousins and have the unblurred photos to look at! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a lot of photos I don't use because of something you can read in them or a face you can see. This opens up new possibilities here. And I am always glad to see my cousins. However, it doesn't happen very often so I am glad to have a picture.

      Delete
  3. I am glad you shared this app. There are pictures I would like to use but I don't for the reasons you mentioned. This changes things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to explore fotor. The first time I used it, I used a pixilater. For this picture, I couldn't find it, but found something else that worked.

      Delete
  4. Boy, even with the blurring, it is not hard at all to pick out the Cleaver sisters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two of us are there, Aunt Martha and me, June. Miss Landers and Mary Ellen weren't able to make it. I do have red-haired cousins. Does that info jive with what you see?

      Delete
  5. I hadn't seen this post til I was deleting old emails. This is great, since I too miss Picasa badly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used fotor much yet. I hope it holds up to what I've seen so far.

      Delete

What do you think?