Sunday, October 20, 2019

Thankful Sunday, October 20, 2019

I am thankful for little things.

Yesterday was a busy day. Besides yard work, errands, and laundry, we were getting ready for a birthday dinner we were having for my sister.  Throw in a bad cold and it was turning out to be a rather tedious day. 

In the afternoon while I was folding laundry, my son called me to the back deck where he showed me a praying mantis on the railing.  It seemed to be enjoying the sunny spot it found on the cool day. We saw praying mantes frequently at our old house, but this was the first one I had seen in our yard since we moved.

Finding that small wonder of nature made me happy.  Sometimes it's the little things that can bring a smile to my face and for that, I am thankful.





6 comments:

  1. I understand what you mean, about the little things. They often bring far more joy than we would ever expect.
    That's neat that you have praying mantes in your area. I've only seen one once before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am surprised sometimes what brings a smile to my face because it is often a small, every day thing.

      Delete
  2. A praying mantis! How wonderful! I occasionally see them in my garden, too. I hope your sister's birthday dinner went well and you recover from the cold, soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often think that praying mantis would make good stars in a horror movie with their scary looks. But I find them amazing all the same.

      Delete
  3. They are so unique, strange and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good adjectives to describe a praying mantis. I feel the same way about them.

      Delete

What do you think?