Sunday, July 21, 2019

Thankful Sunday, July 21, 2019

I am thankful to be
another year older.

Yesterday was my birthday. Another year older and that's great because you know what they say, "Consider the alternative." In some ways, I don't feel any older than I did many years ago except for an occasional creaky knee.  In other ways, I feel my age--mostly in the insights that have come from years of experience. Sometimes when I hear what a younger person has said or done, I am surprised and judgmental until I remember what I thought and knew at their age. That puts it in perspective and I realize that experience has been the way that I have gained wisdom. And I've only gotten that through living year after year.

So for my past birthdays and the ones to come, I am thankful.


13 comments:

  1. Happy (belated) birthday, Live and Learn! I wish you all the best in health and happiness. Hope you were able to celebrate your birthday with your family and loved ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bless. Not only did I celebrate with my family and friends, the whole country was celebrating the moon landing and the first walk on the moon which happened on my birthday. It may be silly, but that made me feel special, too. :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday. I wish you many happy adventures in the year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, e. Many happy adventures would be a great next year.

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday! Did you eat cake and ice cream, or do you prefer birthday pie (like my husband)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm good with all of those, however, ice cream cake is my favorite.

      Delete
  4. Belated Happy Birthday! I hope your day was great and filled with cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm late here, too, but I wanted to make sure and say (belated) Happy Birthday, June (since I stopped wishing everyone HB on FB, for dubious and circumspect reasons). We July birthday folks are the best (or, well, pretty close to it)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Belated Birthday, Mike. I forgot that you had birthday in July, also.

      Delete

What do you think?