Sunday, March 3, 2019


I am thankful for puzzles.


More specifically, I am thankful for TheJigsawPuzzles.com. This is a site of free jigsaw puzzles you solve online.

I know there are several sites that feature jigsaw puzzles, but I like this one because it's free and you don't have to create an account to use it. There are some ads on the sides, but they don't interfere with working the puzzle. In fact, you can enlarge the puzzle to full screen and not see anything else. Quite frankly, I never even noticed the ads until I started to write this post.

There are a large variety a puzzles with varying numbers of pieces and shape cuts. I usually do a 100 piece puzzle with traditionally shaped pieces. This works just right for me. I do the border first that takes 2 or 3 minutes and then get up and do something else. Later I come back and complete the puzzle which usually takes another 10 or so minutes. I don't usually get sucked into a long computer session with this site. A good thing because I don't always walk away easily from a computer game. And there is the added bonus that puzzles are supposed to help maintain mental acuity as we age.

So the enjoyment and mental exercise I get from TheJigsawPuzzles.com, I am thankful.


From the site:

"Welcome to TheJigsawPuzzles.com,

an ever-growing collection of free online jigsaw puzzles. Albums on the left have hundreds of free jigsaw puzzles already - feel free to explore and play it all. Or, bookmark and check this page daily for a cool Puzzle of the Day.

11 comments:

  1. I am thankful for you linking this puzzle site! I love jigsaw puzzles and now I have a fun way to play them! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is easier than setting up a table for a traditional puzzle which my husband prefers. I will say that I haven't had much luck with these puzzles and a touch screen. I can't always get the pieces to go where I want them to. My sister seems to do okay with one and I'm not sure what the difference is. I use a mouse and it works great. If you give these a try, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

      Delete
  2. I'll have to check that out! This winter was a 2 puzzle winter for my family--the kids were home from school due to lots of inclement weather. I haven't tried the online versions, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't tried the online versions until a few months ago and I'm glad I did. Ward is very good at the traditional jigsaw puzzles and has worked at least 5 this winter. I occasionally work with him, but most of the time I just let him go at it. He can do a 1000 piece puzzle in just a couple of days while going to work and getting some sleep. I like being in the same room reading, watching TV, etc. while he's working. It's nice to be together.

      I imagine you still have some winter left. Do you think you'll set up another puzzle?

      Delete
    2. Probably not. Yes, we do have winter left--we are going to be in another polar vortex this week--it's mostly my daughter and I who do the puzzles and I think we are "puzzled out" at this stage. We aren't super good at it like Ward is!

      Delete
  3. My sister is a jigsaw freak and every year I give her one for Christmas. She finishes them so quickly that I become diabolical in my puzzle hunt. Last year I gave her a puzzle with no design. It was just a finished square of ombre blues. It only took her week to finish it (I was foiled again)
    I am going to tell her about this site. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your sister sounds like my husband--amazing jigsaw abilities. We should get them together for a puzzle-off. :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! I didn't meant to remove you comment, Strayer. Slippery fingers. I hope you like the site.

      Delete

What do you think?