Sunday, July 29, 2018

Thankful Sunday--July 29,2018

I am thankful for an afternoon with my sisters.

A large crowd of men and women standing on a wooden pier.
To celebrate my recent birthday, my sisters took me to the movies today. A movie treat is something we used to regularly do for each others birthdays, but somehow we had gotten out of the habit. Today the tradition began again. They took me to see "Mama Mia! Here We Go Again" and I thoroughly it. No complicated plot here, just a feel good movie, with fun songs, and visually stunning scenery. For this special treat and afternoon with my sisters, I am thankful.


8 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! So glad you got to celebrate with your sisters! What a nice tradition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We usually go to a movie that our spouses wouldn't particularly be interested in and it's usually the only time I go to the movies. So, I really enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I loved the first Mamma Mia. Then again, ABBA is one of my favorite groups. I'm in the mood for feel-good, no-brainer books and movies right now--hope I have time to squeeze this in. Sounds like a fun, relaxing time with your sisters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think would fit the bill nicely for a pleasant escape for a little while. I hope you can find time to go.

      Delete
  3. Happy belated birthday! An outing with your sisters sounds like such a fun thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was good to get out with my sisters for a little fun. Seems like most of the time we have something serious to talk about like my mother.

      Delete
  4. Oh, you liked it? I have not seen it but I love fun movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like singing and happy endings and beautiful scenery, you would like this. And did I mention, it is full of ABBA songs. The whole movie, as was the first one, is based around ABBA songs.

      Delete

What do you think?