Saturday, November 4, 2017

Morning

We had a cloudy sunrise this morning.

Good Morning.

I'm not a morning person. Never have been. Ward learned long ago, it's best to not talk to me in the morning. Some people wake up fully awake, but not me. It takes my body a few hours to feel awake even when I've had a good night's sleep. But that doesn't mean, I'm not enjoying this morning.

I awoke early to go walking, but my walking buddy couldn't make it until this afternoon. So here I am in a quiet house with the men in my family all sleeping. Both Wally and Theo are here for a visit, so the day holds extra excitement for a day spent together.

The cats have been fed and are already stretched out for their morning nap. Only the sighting of an occasional bird out the window gets an alert. It's a cloudy morning, so there's no crowding into the same sunbeam for them.

There's something about the quiet of the morning, that is very calming. Soon there will be hustle and bustle with to-do lists and errands. But for now, I am enjoying the peace of the early morning. I hope you are, too.


12 comments:

  1. Such a pretty photograph! I love the quiet of mornings. I'm not talkative then, but I do enjoy being up, especially if I am outside. There's something peaceful about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like being outside first thing in the morning, too--if it's not too cold. If it's too cold, the cold distracts me from everything else around. I think part of the appeal of the morning is the quietness. That's something we don't get much of.

      Delete
  2. It's not often that I'm up early enough to experience the dawn. But, years ago when I had a stray kitty camped out under the tree in my front yard (who I finally succeeded in getting to trust me... my sweet Princess)... anyhow, when Princess was still living out under her tree I'd go out and feed her first thing every morning. I would go back to sleep afterwards, so in some sense it felt more like the middle of the night than actual morning, but there was something very grounding about sitting outside watching the sun come up each morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think in many ways our brain is still programmed to participate in sunrises and sunsets and not artificial lights. I think that's why we connect to it. Also, that's a lovely story about Princess. You were lucky to find each other.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photo. I have always said I appreciate the dawn more than a lot of people because I actively participate in so few of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make a very good point for staying in bed. My husband will be especially happy to hear it.

      Delete
  4. Your post reminds me of Cat Stevens song, Morning has Broken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that song and I often sing it in the morning. Cat Steven's version is the best. :)

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful sunrise! These days, with my internal clock all upside down, I am often going to sleep just as the sun is starting to rise, but, there was a time when I used to wake up early enough to watch the sun rise over the hills as I was driving my daughter to school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nice memory with your daughter. I hope the traffic cooperated so that you could enjoy the sunrise.

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous...I'm not especially a morning person but if I could open my eyes to that, I think I'd adjust...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sunrises aren't always that spectacular, that's what made this one special. You know, if you're not a morning person, sunsets are nice, too.

      Delete

What do you think?