Sunday, February 21, 2016

Thankful Sunday--February 21, 2016



The cats and I are thankful for Wally's visit.

Wally visited this weekend and as usual, the cats enjoyed his visit. Wally has always been one to pay extra attention to the cats whether it was making them a special hideaway, a cozy place to sleep, or a new toy. And this weekend was no exception. This time he set up a new play place for them with an old box and a shoe string--classic cat magnets. The box was big enough for them to sit up and see the world or crouch down and hide with the added fun of a peep hole in the side. The cats stalked and pounced each other in and out of the box as well as chased a shoe string all around it. These antics have provided hours of entertainment for both the cats and us. For Wally's visit and this simple fun, the cats and I are thankful.

14 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice visit and glad the fur babies got a nice present from their "brother". I am not a cat person but I do love watching them pounce and hunt things like a shoestring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like watching any animal play. There is a very universal appeal to it.

      Delete
  2. Aww! This picture brought a smile to my face. Interesting that your son still likes to make fun toys and hideouts for the cats--that's always been a fun occupation for my kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was funny watching the cats follow him around. They would find him, meow to get his attention, and then run back and jump into the box waiting to play. This is all very good because with our geriatric cats, they aren't always that lively.

      Delete
  3. I do miss having a cat around. I'm glad the cats and Wally had an enjoyable time together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time Wally calls, he asks about the cats. I know he misses the pets he lived with for so many years.

      Delete
  4. I miss my cat. He is 14 years old living with ex. (I got the kid! HA!). It's amazing to me how Wally and your cats get along because my cat is very territorial and hissed at every cat and do around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine that you do miss your cat. Have you thought about getting another one?

      We have had the territorial cat before that hissed at every other cat and new thing. They each come with their own personality--just like kids.

      Delete
  5. Awww, so cute! Glad you had a nice visit too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know us mothers, we always enjoy a visit from our kids. :)

      Delete
  6. My cats love boxes too. And old shoe strings. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Recently one of them found an old shoe string we had bundled up and has been running around with it like it was a mouse. Just like kids, cats don't need fancy toys.

      Delete

What do you think?